Who Makes The Toughest Bow Sight?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 22 June 2009 - 01:03 PM

I'm asked a lot about who makes the toughest bow sight. A lot of people seem to be convinced it's a company by the name of "hog" something. (I'm not trying to be "cute", I just don't want to name names.) Well, no doubt that company makes great and very durable sights. But, I'm not so sure there isn't another highly worthy candidate being overlooked for the title "Toughest Bow Sight".

I've been shooting Copper John sights for probably 7 or 8 years now. I must say, anyone who hasn't seen the "new" C.J. sights first hand doesn't know C.J. anymore. The new design C.J.'s (I guess it was '07 when these hit the market) are extremely tough and highly adjustable; many even offering micro-adjust on each pin as well as the gang adjustments. These sights just simply aren't what they once were. To say that C.J. re-invented themselves, even upgrading the visibility of their innovative round pin guard, is not out of the question.

Here's a video I came across while searching some products today on the C.J. web site.
So, who does make the toughest bow sight? You decide (Click Here).

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

Thanks Jeremiah. Nope that is'nt what I had on my bow several years ago made CJ before switched to Spot Hogg. I'll have to get an up close and personal review of them.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 05:35 AM

My wife has a CJ sight and it is indeed rugged. She's dropped her bow and even dry fired it - the pins never move.

I used a Vital Bow Gear adjustable sight for years and never had an issue with it. Took it to Texas twice and dragged it all over Indiana and Kentucky - no issues. Very reliable.

I currently have a G5 sight because the NBEF has an arrangement with them to give instructors a very, VERY nice discount. I've had it on through the spring turkey season and during the winter indoor 3d and now the summer outdoor 3d and so far no issues.

I like three large pins, so I can see them easily. I like the hooded aperature of the G5, but wish the ring were a florescent color instead of white...I think it would be a touch easier to align.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#4 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:32 AM

Cool video! :bigthumb:

I purchased my first Copper John sight this year for my Switchback. I've been a fan of 5-pin sights, so I went with the CJ Scimitar with 0.019" pins. So far I'm very, very happy with this sight. It was very easy to set up and the pins are very easy to adjust. It looks like a very well-built, strong sight also. I think I've finally found a sight manufacturer that I'm totally happy with. There has always been something about other sights I've used that I didn't like. I can't find anything negative about the CJ Scimitar.

#5 Whistle Pig

Whistle Pig

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:29 AM

Persuasive vid for sure.
Posted Image

#6 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:22 PM

Ok I think I've only had mine about 2 years, but I have a C.J. Dead Nutz I Don't think my apperature is quite that thick, but the sights being ALL metal is one of the things that really attracted me to C.J. because I have a tendancy once I get the pins where I want them I over tighten the pins and with the plastic pins like say *COUGH*TruGlo *COUGH* they strip out really easy. I've dropped my bow, I've tripped over stuff and bumped my bow into things around me, I'm a walking torture test for bow equipment, the C.J. has held up well, the only thing I've broken on it are the fiber optic fibers on the pins themselves.(got a couple of small branches tangled in the apperature.) the pins have not bent
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users