3 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:51 AM

Just wondering how many of you have the serial numbers of all your firearms written down? I keep them on a computer disc and also a printed copy in my wallet. I photograph each gun too. I also learned a trick long ago you might find handy. I write my name on a small strip of paper. I then take the recoil pad off of my rifles and shotguns and place the paper with my name on it underneath the pad. Theives might grind off a serial number but they don't realise that your name is hidden under the recoil pad. You can do the same with pistols. Just a piece of masking tape, with your name on it, stuck to the inside of one of the grips.

Edited by Spirithawk, 24 June 2009 - 06:51 AM.

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:11 AM

Great idea and the same recommendation for your whole home inventory should be done and then save off site like a safety deposit box.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:36 AM

Yep I got em inventoried. No photos yet but that is on the agenda. I have marked some of my guns but with an engraving tool. I do that on something like the recoil lug or an equally hidden place. Most times I engrave my initials.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 01:54 PM

I've got both the pics and serial numbers saved on disc. I made copies and keep them in various places so no matter what I'll always have one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users