37 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:28 PM

Just curious. If you could go hunting, with any hunting celebrity on tv, who would it be and why? I've already hunted with Dave Watson so personaly I'd love to go hunting with Jim Shockey. I like his personality, love of hunting, and his dedication to the sport. Gotta respect his track record of muzzleloader trophies too. To me he is one of the last of the all time greats.

#2 Ironranger

Ironranger

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:43 PM

Cameron Hanes!! He is a a huntin machine who was on Eastman Outdoors and now part of Rocky Mt Elk Foundation. On his link, he just finished a 100 mile endurance race and works hard at keeping himself in shape.

http://www.cameronhanes.com/

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:44 PM

Been there and done that with DW too. :)

So, bearing that in mind, I'd think Bob Foulkrod, Phil Phillips, Walter Parrott, Eddie Salter, Matt Morrett, or Greg Miller would make my list. (Sorry, can't narrow it down to just one.)

Bob Foulkrod is a legend. He and Dan Fitzgerald were the first two guys I ever watched hunting videos of. I think I was 13 years old at the time. (Outdoor Television didn't really exist yet. You bought or rented videos from your local sporting shop. :) )

Phil Phillips is also a legend. He always does it with a bow too. Gotta admire that.

Walter Parrott is the greatest turkey caller I've ever witnessed. His "cluck & purr" would probably get him shot on public land in PA. I learned to use a mouth call by watching a VHS of him, Matt Morrett and Tom Stuckey probably 15 years ago now.

Eddie Salter was the first turkey hunter I ever saw on video. I wore that VHS out! Couldn't get enough of him. I'm not sure I remember him using anything other than a mouth call. I'll also never forget he was one of the first people I saw openly plug Realtree camo on film. (It was well before Realtree ever had an "outdoor block" on TNN, or any network, for that matter. Only one pattern back then too and it surely wasn't digitally designed!)

Matt Morrett: Already touched on him a bit. Great turkey hunter/caller. I also respect his bowhunting whitetail skill. Plus, he's from right here in my home state. I met him a couple years back along with Fred Eichler at the Pittsburgh Sportsman's Warehouse archery expo in '06. Very down to earth guy. (Then again, most "in the biz" are.)

Greg Miller simply because he cracks me up. I also respect his skill with a compound bow. But, still, mostly because he cracks me up.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#4 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:39 AM

Bob Foulkrod
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#5 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:15 AM

Celebs EH?

Well I guess I could cut and paste the membership list from HuntingResource and of course that'd include Jer, Bruce (and the Colarado Hole in the Wall Gang), the Woodster, Pennsylvania members (which may well resemble the 2008 voters list).....ah heck I don't wan'na miss anyone, so the whole darn kit an' kaboodle!

Oh ya, an' if'n I have to actually take someone along that I'd have to show what to do (KE Ke ke), then Jim Shockey would be right up there, Fred Eichler, David Blanton (he seems to be a real down-to-earth-guy), Michael Waddell, and Ralph and Vicki from Archer's Choice.
Geoff / TBow

Edited by Geoff / TBow, 28 June 2009 - 09:40 AM.

Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:47 AM

I have hunted with Fred and Michele Eichler in 2007 out of their outfitting ranch in Colorad and I'm about to hunt with them again this summer. These folks to me are better in real life than in their two shows. I've hunted with several folks here and I must add that was some of my best fun hunting and I'd share a hunting camp again with any one of them.

On second thought I really don't desire to hunt with any celebs just some good friends. Posted Image
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#7 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:49 PM

Tiffany Lakosky. Great Personality. And sitting by a campfire with Julia Roberts might be kinda fun, Interesting person

#8 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:53 PM

Greg Miller would be my first choice. I've talked with him a few times at the Wisconsin Deer Classic in Green Bay and he is great to talk to. He is probably the most knowledgeable television personality when it comes to hunting whitetails. Plus, he from Wisconsin.

Pat Reeve would be another choice of mine. He is also pretty "local" being from Minnesota. I've enjoyed watching his hunts since he was with HS several years ago. I also wouldn't mind sharing a camp with Nicole Jones (co-host of "Driven TV" with Pat Reeve). She seems to be herself on camera more than someone else who was already mentioned. :peace: Plus, I like that Pat and Nicole send you a personalized autographed pic when you buy something off their website. :yes:

#9 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:27 PM

I think Bill Engval had it right, his wildest hunting fantasy was Shania Twain showed up in camp wearing nothing but a fur coat. ( of course to understand the joke you'd have to know she is against any kind of hunting.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#10 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:35 PM

Another guy I'd love to hunt with would be bow hunting legend Chuck Adams. I like the "old school" hunters, if Fred Bear was still alive he'd be my first choice. Chuck, Fred and Jim Shockey, I chose because I admire all they've acomplished, not because of their celebrity status. I do admire Fred Eichler too. Anybody that takes a Grizzly, up close and personal, with a recurve definitely gets my vote. Posted Image I also like Keith Warren because he's not afraid to speak his mind and seems to be a down to earth guy.

Edited by Spirithawk, 28 June 2009 - 05:40 PM.

#11 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:00 PM

Haven't really thought about it much. My list may include Bob Foulkrod whom I have met twice and Larry Weishun but only if those characters could keep up. Nothing beats a hunt with friends and family though.

Edited by PA RIDGE RUNNER, 28 June 2009 - 07:00 PM.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#12 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:03 PM

well i would say the fitzgeralds,they are Godly men and have great sense of humor, next would be to hunt the nick mundt and t-bone same reasons.i like to cut-up as mark and jeff could attest.i enjoy hunting with my old friuends most of all,mike,jeff mark and dan!

Bill
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#13 vcross

vcross

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:15 AM

Jim Shockey's Father or Mike Waddel !!! Either one would be a fun time. Mike was a childhood friend of a co-worker and friend of mine who died over a year ago. He comes every year to a local church and does a "wildlife banquet". My friend, John, got me a license plate signed by Michael Waddel that was lost when I hit a deer last year - maybe I could get a new one!!!!

Edited by vcross, 30 June 2009 - 05:55 AM.

#14 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:46 AM

Hal Shockey!Posted Image

#15 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:23 AM

Isn't Hal Shockey the poster boy for "VIAGARA"?

Wonder if he gives out samples? It would give a whole new meaning to the term "ON POINT", when bird (English slang) hunting!

Geoff / TBow

Edited by Geoff / TBow, 29 June 2009 - 09:25 AM.

Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users