It's Official

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:43 AM

Apparently Microsoft agrees with the masses. :cry:
They even went back to only having a Home and Pro version like XP.
Wow, the boxes are even green and blue like XP. :roflmao:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#2 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:08 AM

My home computer operating system is Vista and I hate it.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#3 Leep

Leep

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:41 AM

I have used them all, cept for the new one coming out, and I can say that Vista Ultimate 64 bit with the expanded security has been the safest system I have used yet...I'll use one for a few months then reformat and go back to XP Pro for a couple months. Vista with UAC keeps your system pretty safe from hackers. Hackers have to click on continue and then once again before they can open or install any keyloggers or trojans. Since they can't access the system to click on continue, they can't get in to cause trouble. I have 4 gigs of dual channel ram so I have plenty of recources along with a Intel dual core processor overclocked to 3.2 mhz...

As with all the new operating systems, I have been reluctant to change to something new. But, in this case i'm pretty happy with Vista 64..
Leep:
Posted Image

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:51 PM

I've been in since Windows 3.1. I'll still put my money on XP. (Probably NT second.) Then again, I'm basing my opinion on performance alone. (Simply, how does one benchmark against the others running the types of programs I need to run? No regard for anything else.)

More than anything though I'm just choosing to find the humor in this. At least it's not like "Me". (Nothing funny about that. :( )

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users