Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:27 PM

1/2 to 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
3 Tbsp. salt
2 tsp. black pepper
2 tsp. dried sage
6 lbs. boneless venison
4 lbs. boneless pork butt or shoulder
1 lb. bacon slices or smoked bacon slab

Sprinkle combined seasonings over meat cubes in a large bowl. Toss until well coated. Grind with fine griding disc and stuff casings or bulk pack for making patties. Freeze in meal-size portions.

#2 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 01 October 2009 - 07:32 AM

I'm gonna have to try this one ;) ( gonna substitute ) some moose for venison ....:)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#3 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 09:11 AM

You'll like Bruce. It's a good recipe. Good job Dad Kisson.

Note to folks that don't have a grinder but do have ground venison. You can still make sausage!

Instead of 6lbs of boneless venison use 6lbs of ground venison. I get my ground venison with no fat added so this is basically a direct replacement.

Then replace the bacon and shoulder with 5lbs of hot ground country flavor pork sausage (good old Jimmy Dean).

Important!!! Mix the meat and other ingredients with your bare hands only! Using hand utensils to mix the sausage will actually toughen the meat. It will quickly rubberize it! Been there, done that, it was almost inedible. It's best to get your hands dirty and gently mix the stuff in.

You should refrigerate the mix at least an hour before cooking it but refrigerating over night is preferred.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users