• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ghoterman

ghoterman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 07:43 AM

Hunting area 72 east of Casper in Sept. Any suggestions on Camo color or pattern? It's been 20 years since I hunted antelope, and back then I didn't wear camo.

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:53 AM

Welcome!

Are you planning an archery or a rifle hunt in WY?

If it's a archery bowhunt then you might be in a blind and any camo for the most part is the same if the inside of the blind is camo. If it's a black interior then go with something dark colored or black. Rifle hunts don't require a lot of camo attention but I'd recommend like Mossy oak brush or RT open country or even AP. Another camo I'd recommend is ASAT.

I have not been to Casper but most of the antelope sure look mighty good from there. Best of luck on your hunt.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 ghoterman

ghoterman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:24 AM

Welcome!

Are you planning an archery or a rifle hunt in WY?

If it's a archery bowhunt then you might be in a blind and any camo for the most part is the same if the inside of the blind is camo. If it's a black interior then go with something dark colored or black. Rifle hunts don't require a lot of camo attention but I'd recommend like Mossy oak brush or RT open country or even AP. Another camo I'd recommend is ASAT.

I have not been to Casper but most of the antelope sure look mighty good from there. Best of luck on your hunt.

It is a rifle hunt.I've hunted the area quite a bit in the '80s, but never wore camo.Thought I might try it this time.It's mostly sage brush so I figure a gray or drab olive color. In fact, I think the type camo currently being used in the middle east would work.

#4 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:28 PM

something light, brown and a pretty open pattern will do the trick

BC

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#5 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:20 AM

something light, brown and a pretty open pattern will do the trick

BC

...like Predator camo
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#6 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:25 PM

I can agree with this^^^^

if you go too complicated or too dark it will look like a black bear at 300 yards and best of luck getting near anything in open country especially a speedgoat

BC

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#7 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:01 PM

I'm going end of August and taking my ASAT - like the looks of predator too.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#8 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:31 PM

ASAT, Enigma, Predator-there all good choices. Nothing will replace good old fashion common sense though. Use your terrain....practice with your rifle.
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#9 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:42 PM

ASAT, Enigma, Predator-there all good choices. Nothing will replace good old fashion common sense though. Use your terrain....practice with your rifle.

Yep,
What Will said! Here's the light pattern(pants) I wore on our lope hunt with Will. I had a light colored camo jacket on as well.Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users