• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Volsfan

Volsfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:29 PM

Does anybody here own a Mathews DXT? if you do what is your thoughts on this bow? I'm looking to buy a new bow real soon and was thinking about the DXT or if not this one maybe a Mathews Drenalin.. 

#2 808XT

808XT

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, computers

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:31 AM

I have a DXT but the best advice I could give you is to go out and shoot as many different bows as you can. You'll know which bow is right for you...not because someone else told you buy one.

That being said, the DXT is currently my favorite bow (that may change with next year's bow Posted Image ). It's a great treestand bow since it has a short ATA (under 30"). I don't have a Drenalin so I can't compare it. I do have an XT which has been demoted to my "backup" bow. The DXT is lighter but just as accurate (well, as accurate as the shooter Posted Image ). It's not the fastest bow but it's a joy to shoot. Good luck in whatever bow you decide to get.

P.S. Post pics of your new bow when you're done setting it up. Posted Image

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:30 AM

I had one and sold it to make room and please understand I am not putting down the DXT. It's a great bow. Like Matt mentioned that he'd recommend shooting several bows including the new REEZEN as well as the DXT and Drenalin. The newest Mathews bow called the Monster is one to try but it's very limited in production it seems and you might have some trouble finding one to shoot.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Whistle Pig

Whistle Pig

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:15 PM

In the same boat, I'm debating the Reezen or the Drenalin though. I've drawn both, but havn't shot either. Drenalin has a smoother draw, but that's not enough to sway me... I'll have to wait and see how they shoot. Good luck and keep us posted!
Posted Image

#5 David Clayton Harrison

David Clayton Harrison

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:God, archery and hunting, and family

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:39 PM

DXT, fast, light, accurate, lethal, balanced, quiet, smooth draw, no vibration or hand shock, powerful, beautiful work of art and craftsmanship, and deadly, compact, forgiving, quick to sight in, Boost your self esteem, and makes you more attractive! lifetime warranty Made in the USA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users