Posted Image

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 07:24 AM

Wayne thanks for sharing that. Reports like this one help find a professional opinion without employee bias and dollars swaying advertising. ;)
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:42 PM

Mathews has won the last three years. It's really pretty impressive when you consider Bowsite.com tends to be heavily anti-Mathews.

Having personally shot each one of the bows tested this year with the exception of the Pearson & HCA, I must say that my ordering would be a little different. But, I didn't find any huge surprises when I read it the other day. I do have to chuckle when I read the "kick & vibration" results. They are dead on about the Mach X being brutal in the hand and yet PSE's full page ads have been claiming it is shock & vibration free. :lol: Not even close... We're in awe at Sportsman's (in a bad way) of that bow. (Especially the $700+ price tag. :o )

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:02 AM

Jeremiah the other thing beyond Mathews dominance is the ranking the other manufacturers.

BowTech seems to be number 2 the last couple of years. BowTech owners have to be nodding their heads in approval - the Tribute has taken a big bite in the market from what I read on other web sites.

And Hoyt dropped back which I find interesting. It's normally in the top three or four. The Hoyt Trykon has a lot of followers too and love it and I'm sure they are pretty disturbed over these results.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:04 PM

too me not enough bows were tested for me to make a choice in buying a Mathews or any other bow that was tested. I just believe that to make a fair choice all models of bow should have been shot. I only saw around 10 different models of bows being shot. Just my 2 cents worth. Its just like buying a car do you drive one or two or three and say man these are it.

MD

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:21 PM

MD riding on your .02 you are probably right. A wider or fuller line up of newest models by manufacturers should be done to be fair. Now that larger testing would be helpful in selecting a new bow to go test for yourself. The problem I face that some of the bows tested are not found in my area.

The guys on Bowsite that did the testing mentioned something about voting for the models to be tested so it must have been a fixed number and limited selection process to start.

Why limit it and maybe do another test after 1000 arrows have been put through each to see the difference. The average bowhunter easily can put 2000 arrows through a bow in half a year of practising.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 07 June 2006 - 03:23 PM.

#7 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:45 AM

That was my thought as well Mark, if they got to pick which bows they wanted to test thenit was no test at all except for the fact that they picked there favorite bows. Again my opinion, to be fair they should have picked a much broader range of bow manufactorers. I have shot one of the bows that was tested and I own one that was not, and for the price of my bow it shot as well and had the same feel after shooting the bows. The bow that I own is a Newberry SB1 and for the price that I paid for it, I would put it up against any of the higher priced bows on the market. So everyone has their opinion on what brand of bow they shoot and how great it is. But here is my bottom liine, when picking a bow out you must first make sure that the bow fits YOU, then one must look at his/her budget, and like you said a lot of bow shops don't carry all of the lines of bows in a store and one must sometimes travel some distance to try out the various bows on the market today. Even if you look in the super stores like Bass Pro, Cabelas, GAnder Mountain, even they do not handle all of the bows on the market, so with that being said maybe you and I should approach all the manufactorers and ask them to send us their bows and we as archers would like to test their products and give a non bias report on how they compared with the other bows on the market. Man wouldn't that be sweet :rolleyes: :lol: . Any way I talked to much already. YOUR TURN.

MD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users