2 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:50 PM

Well, Jason came up today to help me work on my Jeep. After we were done we took the new .243 out and got it zeroed in. The real fun was shooting the .50 CVA Plains Pistol I bought and refinished. Started with a .490 ball, patch and 25 gr of Pyrodex FFF. Jason just threw it up, pointed and fired and hit the bullseye at 20 yards. No recoil whatsoever. I decided to try 30 gr. just for fun. Boy what a diferance that 5 grains made. I shot about 3 " high and that little pistol flat bucked. About like a .357 mag. CVA can recomend up to 60 grains all they want, but I'll tell you this, if I was foolish enough to put 60 grains in it, one of those fellows can come visit and shoot it themselves!!!!! If their hand is still attatched to their wrist afterwards, and not driven up their arm to their elbow, I'll happily shake it. Posted Image I'm sticking to your advice Dave, it seems to really like the 25 grain load. With it that little pistol is a real joy to shoot and surprisingly very accurate. I look forward to lots and lots of fun shooting it. :)

#2 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

I bet that is fun to shoot. Not just the fun shooting it, but the idea of what your shooting. That's what makes it so much fun I think.

I had one of them horse pistols many years ago. It was a .45 Jukar and I shot it a lot. Then a friend wanted to buy it, so I traded it to him for something that I did not really need. It too was accurate out to about 25 yards. After that it was anyones guess.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:56 PM

I bet that is fun to shoot. Not just the fun shooting it, but the idea of what your shooting. That's what makes it so much fun I think.

I had one of them horse pistols many years ago. It was a .45 Jukar and I shot it a lot. Then a friend wanted to buy it, so I traded it to him for something that I did not really need. It too was accurate out to about 25 yards. After that it was anyones guess.

Yep, I sure agree bud. Half the fun is knowing what you're shooting. Your probably right too, any distance and the accuracy quickly goes by by. Any short barreled pistol is meant for getting up close and personal and this little beast only has a 5 1/2" barrel. Jason sure enjoyed shooting it too. Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 18 July 2009 - 02:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users