• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:34 PM

well we have been waitin for this time to get here for nearly a year,mike aka tennridgerunner and i are heading down to bracketteville texas,in the hill country,its about 35 miles from the mexico border around del rio.we are hitting bowhunters paradise,to hunt exotics,rams and hogs. they are bowhunting only operation and they have been highly recommended. we are both after axis bucks,primarly but are open minded so well just have to see whats riding back in our truck. at any rate please pray for a safe trip, im going to drive over to mikes house in nashville tomorrow and we are heading to texas saturday......Roadtrip!!! ill post the report on this thread so stay tuned!! for lies and cropped pictures to back it up! if you want to check out their website its bowhuntersparadise.com.

Bill Posted Image

Edited by 7pointbuck, 16 July 2009 - 07:55 AM.

"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:40 AM

I'll do that for you and Mike so you two have a safe journey and a great adventure. It does sound like a blast. You have been planning this trip for a long time and it's got to be exciting to have it start tomorrow..best of luck to you two Buds. Posted Image

I want to hear all the stories this January when we get together and all the pictures ---uncropped. Posted Image
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 18 July 2009 - 08:41 PM

we drove 12 hours today,we are in waco,Texas.we are beat, so we are going to stay at the hotel until the morning and finish the last leg ,should get the ranch bout noon!

#4 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 08:30 AM

shoot straight fellas and be safe

bc

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#5 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:51 AM

You're going to have a ball!

I've been to Texas twice after axis and once on Molokai - still no axis. Them deer have some really keen eyes and they're very smart.

Good luck and be safe!

Mark.

"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#6 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:12 PM

hey guys, we are still on the road back, currently in greenville,tx.we had a great week.the axis did not show themselves into bow range but we took some great trophys! the bowhunters paradise ranch is strictly for bowhunters, the terrain is tough,very rugged with deep canyons.it was tough hunting in the heat which was 105 each day.in spite of it all i took a nice sika buck 3x4,barbadoe ram and a hog, mike took a nice audad, and missed a hog and huge spanish goat. we had a great time but look forward to getting home.i will post stories soon but here is some pics for you.
Bill

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by 7pointbuck, 24 July 2009 - 10:17 PM.

#7 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:15 AM

Boys that's awesome!

Sure looks like you had plenty of fun - those Audad got some sharp eyes.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#8 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 06:20 PM

Looks like you guys really had some good fun. Congrats on those great trophies.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#9 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 05:58 AM

Posted Image Congrats on a great trip you two!
Posted Image

#10 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 11:44 AM

Posted Image Posted Image Sounds like it was a great hunt. To me that sort of heat would be as bad to hunt in as 10* day. Can't wait to see and hear the rest of the story.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#11 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 26 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

Congrats on a great hunt. I truely enjoy watching the progress you have made with that bowPosted Image

#12 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:39 PM

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing and congrats.

#13 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:09 PM

Looks like you had some fun!
Posted Image

#14 Tenn. Ridgerunner

Tenn. Ridgerunner

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:46 AM

Well it has been awhile since I posted, I have been supper busy,
Here is my story, The first morning as it was breaking day light I could see what I knew was a large deer in front of me and all I could tell was it had a huge rack, Hunting Axis I was tore up, when it got lighter I soon observed the largest Fallow I have ever seen but, it was still in velvet,so it was safe, I was numerous hogs, goats, and whitetails, also first thing out of the ranger hit a cactus and spent the morning pulling thorns out of my leg. Afternoon was about the same, Morning #2 I saw the largest Axis I had ever seen but he was out of bow range, also saw a shooter black buck on the way out of the stand, he saw me first. Day three, was my day. Just as it started breaking daylight three Audad came in all were shooters, as soon as it was light enough to see the sight pens I picked out one and let him have it. Ran about 30 yards pilled up in what they call in texas trees and what I call bush. I was about two miles from the lodge and it was a good morning for walk, so I took a hike back to the lodge. On the last afternoon I stalked in on a nice Spanish goat and took a 30 yard shot, did not see the small limb but did find it with my arrow. Had a great time and enjoyed it greatly, love to hunt texas. Bill killed everything that walked in front of himPosted Image Posted Image
There is nothing more enjoyable than the sound of the woods waking up in the morning.

#15 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:10 PM

Well it has been awhile since I posted, I have been supper busy,
Here is my story, The first morning as it was breaking day light I could see what I knew was a large deer in front of me and all I could tell was it had a huge rack, Hunting Axis I was tore up, when it got lighter I soon observed the largest Fallow I have ever seen but, it was still in velvet,so it was safe, I was numerous hogs, goats, and whitetails, also first thing out of the ranger hit a cactus and spent the morning pulling thorns out of my leg. Afternoon was about the same, Morning #2 I saw the largest Axis I had ever seen but he was out of bow range, also saw a shooter black buck on the way out of the stand, he saw me first. Day three, was my day. Just as it started breaking daylight three Audad came in all were shooters, as soon as it was light enough to see the sight pens I picked out one and let him have it. Ran about 30 yards pilled up in what they call in texas trees and what I call bush. I was about two miles from the lodge and it was a good morning for walk, so I took a hike back to the lodge. On the last afternoon I stalked in on a nice Spanish goat and took a 30 yard shot, did not see the small limb but did find it with my arrow. Had a great time and enjoyed it greatly, love to hunt texas. Bill killed everything that walked in front of himPosted Image Posted Image

Seriously, you did good. Truth is, getting a good axis deer isn't an easy task on a well managed ranch. In my experience, Auodad are easily as elusive or more than axis deer. After you got an axis, you might very well have tried for an Auodad. You were smart to take the opportunity when it arose.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users