Photo

40 Pound Redfish (Or At Least Really Close To 40)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 12:08 PM

Think I may have finally got a 40lb red. If he's not 40lbs he's real close. God was good to me last night.

It's hard to get measurements night fishing on the beach when the turtle police won't let you use a flashlight. We had to measure him mark the tape and read it under the glow of my cellphone display.

He was right at 42 inches long and a girth between 29 and 30 inches (a major fatboy!) I've got some health issues so this kind of fishing is extra hard on me. It was worth it this time.

Those of you that know me personally, know how big a guy I am. I tend to make fish look much smaller than they actually are when I'm posing with them. I'm 6' 5" and weigh 290lbs. This time the fish doesn't look small!

Posted Image

My buddy, took him back out in the water, got the sand off him and revived him until he could swim off under his own power. I was so glad to see him still strong. I have no desire to kill one of these big old breeders.
Posted Image

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:45 PM

Whoa Leo that is a really huge red. Bet he gave you a real tussle.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:44 PM

Whoa Leo that is a really huge red. Bet he gave you a real tussle.

Congrats and way to go letting him go free. Would they allow you to use glow sticks for light? Jason and I use then when fishing for catfish and also when jug fishing. They give off just enough light to see without ruining your night vision.

Edited by Spirithawk, 19 July 2009 - 07:46 PM.

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:48 AM

My buddy, took him back out in the water, got the sand off him and revived him until he could swim off under his own power. I was so glad to see him still strong. I have no desire to kill one of these big old breeders.

Posted Image Posted Image
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 swamphntr

swamphntr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Trapping, Photography

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:32 AM

Thats a nice one there Leo! Congrats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users