• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 06:22 PM

As I have noted before I have seen turkeys going to roost across the valley. I have watched on and off for a few weeks and have not seen them. I began to think that they were not roosting there anymore. Tonight I watched again and at 7:25 there they went just like always. There are 5 birds and 2 are definately toms so most likely all are toms. Now all we have to do is wait till season. Oh that will be the hardest thing yet.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:21 PM

I know the feeling Paul. I usualy don't hunt the Fall Season but this year I think i just might. Spring is just too far away and I got a real hankering for smoked turkey breast. :)

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:52 PM

Took a look tonight again and at exactly the same time as I saw them last week there they were only in a little different spot about 150 yds from where they usually go to roost but still in the same field. They usually go to roost at the extreme left side of the field but tonight they were to the right about 150 yds. Although they might have walked along the side of the mountain to their usual roost.

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:36 PM

Tonight I decided to watch for the turkeys again that go to roost across the valley. At 7:22 I saw them. Although they are going to roost about 100 yds from where they were earlier they are still there and it was so great seeing them again.

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:15 PM

Cool Paul, it's about time you started naming them. Such as; Fried, Roasted, Smoked, Pot Pie, ect.Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 09 August 2009 - 07:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users