2 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:52 AM

Posted ImageBought me a new set of arrows for my Jennings Devastator Xbow. Yes arrows, not bolts. The Jennings is the only xbow I've seen that fires actual arrows. They are Easton 2219's and 23" long including the knocks. I'm ready for Archery Season and raring to go. :)

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:13 PM

They look real nice. That reminds me that I must get some more for my crossbow too. In reality all the cross bows shoot arrows. I learned many years ago that a bolt is just that, a bolt. Bolts have a lag bolt like head and are shot into a lead plate. To remove them you just unscrew it from the lead and hammer a lead plug into the hole. This is a big competition in one of the Scandanavian countries during the winter.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:02 PM

They look real nice. That reminds me that I must get some more for my crossbow too. In reality all the cross bows shoot arrows. I learned many years ago that a bolt is just that, a bolt. Bolts have a lag bolt like head and are shot into a lead plate. To remove them you just unscrew it from the lead and hammer a lead plug into the hole. This is a big competition in one of the Scandanavian countries during the winter.

You are quite right Paul. What I should have said is that my bow uses arrows with actual knocks rather that the type like Barnet and others use wich only have an indentation in the end of the shaft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users