4 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:52 AM

Hey Cayugad, got a question for you. I know the new CVA Accura is advertised as the most acurate muzzleloader on the market because of its Bargara barrel. Other than being 2" shorter, how does the barrel on it compare to my Optima Pro? Isn't it basicaly the same barrel, and if so, wouldn't the Optima Pro be just as accurate? Wish I'd have known about the Acura when I bought my Pro though. I really like the new frame design and the T/C like break release on the trigger guard.

Edited by Spirithawk, 22 July 2009 - 07:04 PM.

#2 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:47 PM

I have read the claims. The most accurate break open muzzleloader on the market. That is some claim. I wonder what kind of gimmick they have to get out of that statement? I did hear if you purchase a Accura, try it and don't like it, you can send it back for your money. Again, that is a heck of a claim. Those that have bought the Accura really like them. They have an exceptional trigger, are well balanced, and I have seen some the of the targets they shoot with them and they are impressive to say the least. But so are a lot of the other rifles.

For what I understand the new Bergara barrels are an excellent barrel. Does the Optima Pro have a bergara barrel? My understand is it does not. Other then that the Optima has been a well tested rifle and seems to be a good in the field shooter. I personally think you will see CVA push the Accura and the new Apex that is coming out.

But if your happy with the Optima that is all that really matters. I have an old CVA Staghorn Magnum. I paid next to nothing for it. But that rifle will flat out shoot. Its poorly made and assembled, but for a rifle it does what it was meant to do. I will say though, if I were going to get another CVA rifle it would be the Accura. I like the looks of them and the stock design.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 02:03 PM

I have read the claims. The most accurate break open muzzleloader on the market. That is some claim. I wonder what kind of gimmick they have to get out of that statement? I did hear if you purchase a Accura, try it and don't like it, you can send it back for your money. Again, that is a heck of a claim. Those that have bought the Accura really like them. They have an exceptional trigger, are well balanced, and I have seen some the of the targets they shoot with them and they are impressive to say the least. But so are a lot of the other rifles.

For what I understand the new Bergara barrels are an excellent barrel. Does the Optima Pro have a bergara barrel? My understand is it does not. Other then that the Optima has been a well tested rifle and seems to be a good in the field shooter. I personally think you will see CVA push the Accura and the new Apex that is coming out.

But if your happy with the Optima that is all that really matters. I have an old CVA Staghorn Magnum. I paid next to nothing for it. But that rifle will flat out shoot. Its poorly made and assembled, but for a rifle it does what it was meant to do. I will say though, if I were going to get another CVA rifle it would be the Accura. I like the looks of them and the stock design.

I took a look at Jason's Optima 209 and it just says "Made In Spain" on the barrel, but on my Optima Pro it definititely says " Bergara Barrel - Made In Spain " right on the barrel. The Book says it's a Bergara Barrel too. Just like the Accura, my barrel is both fluted and has the bullet starter muzzle. All four rifles, Optima 209, Optima Pro, Optima Elite and the Accura have 1:28 twist. Only differance I see between the Accura barrel, and mine, is the length. The Accura is 27" and my Optima Pro is 29". I'm very happy with my Optima Pro. Jason just called and said he's looking hard at an Optima Elite too, with a .50 barrel and a .243 barrel.
Sure would make a nice addition to the gun cabinet. :)

Edited by Spirithawk, 28 July 2009 - 04:43 PM.

#4 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:28 PM

Well then you do have a Bergara barrel. I bet it is a good shooter.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:14 PM

Well then you do have a Bergara barrel. I bet it is a good shooter.

Haven't shot it a whole lot yet but that's about to be remedied real soon. Jason and I were talking about taking all our rifles out to the range and slinging some lead to make sure all is as it should be for this years Deer Seasons. I know his Optima 209 sure impressed us both with it's accuracy so I'm exspecting good things from my Pro. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users