1 reply to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:01 PM

We've all seen very nice firearms but when shouldered they were just too long, too heavy or poorly balanced. Something about them felt awkward or just not right. I've passed on quite a few for those very reasons, even though they were good deals or very nice guns otherwise. To me, when I'm looking at a long gun, the first thing I do is shoulder it. I even cradle it in my arms to see how it carries. I try it with a coat both on and off. It's such a great feeling when one does FEELS RIGHT. Points well, shoulders well, sights come right up to your eye. To someone who doesn't shoot it means nothing, but you all know the feeling. It's like it becomes a part of you, an extension of you. That goes a very long way to having confidence in it too. Makes your shooting much more accurate and consistant as well. Same with a handgun. How well it's ballanced, how well it points, and how the grips fit and feel in your hand, all very important things to consider. So, how important is the fit and feel to you?

Edited by Spirithawk, 26 July 2009 - 03:03 PM.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:23 AM

Fit and feel are extremely important when considering the purchase of a firearm. If you are going to buy a business suit you do not pick one off the rack and take it home so why would you do that when purchasing a rifle. Just look into how many custom shops there are out there to accomodate the discriminating shooter. I have restocked several rifles and found they now fit better than before.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users