5 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:16 PM

You know the, clip I guess you'd call it, that screws onto the side of pistols like plains style pistols that allow you to suspend it from your belt as a way of carrying it? I'm trying to figure a convienient way to carry my CVA Plains Pistol and am wondering if anyone sold those clips. Short of that, I'm debating on making some kind of holster for it. I want to carry it when hunting. Any ideas or tips?

#2 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:13 AM

While the belt clips work well, with the pistol tucked inside a shash. I like a holster. You can make then out of a lot of things. Old leather, I even heard one person claim they made one from an old work boot. If you have some old leather around, that is the way I would go.

http://www.muzzleloa...derssupply.com/ send them an email and see if they carry them clips you want. Dixie Gun works is another place I would check.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:20 AM

Thanks bud. Yeah, Dixie has them but I think you're right, a holster would be better. I've made holsters out of the tops of old cowboy boots. Think that's the way I'll go.

Edited by Spirithawk, 28 July 2009 - 11:21 AM.

#4 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 06:32 PM

well that is cool. I never even thought of old cowboy boots. Good leather too.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:38 PM

Sounds like you have a plan. Just be sure not to use one of Phyllis's boots. She's a redhead you know.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 08:12 PM

Cowboy boots work well because you can usualy get a large enough piece for the whole holster from one boot top and the leather is usualy very pliable. I prefer untooled though. I get one made I'll show you pics. Paul, yeah I know! Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users