19 replies to this topic

#16 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:56 AM

I find one axiom true for me - guns and bows - heavier is more stable. In the hills of southern Indiana I'm constantly shooting up, down and across hills and valleys. I use my level bubble on every three-D and every hunting shot. The more weight below the mid-point of the riser, the more the bow hangs like a plumb bob and finds it's level more quickly. The heavier the bow, the more stable it is at full draw - no question.

So, I hang weight on the stabilizer (mine is 12" with a quick disconnect) and on back, straight out the back - no back stabs, just weight. I balance it forward a bit for the correct follow-through. All that is done in the off season and three-d shoots. In a hunting situation I just level, aim and kill. My stabilizer is a 12" Posten Woodsman. It allows the addition of extra weights on the end if needed. I have a bojax on my quick disconnect and on the end of the stabilizer.

I can take a picture if anyone is interested.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#17 Whistle Pig

Whistle Pig

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:16 AM

Sure I'd be interested... I emailed the Posten's last week about getting one in Lost and they said it would be an additional $40. Right now I don't have one on the bow and I'm keeping a consistent 7" group at 40yds... this from a guy who up until this summer always shot traditional (w/ a recurve) and kept it to 20yds.

Well besides the B-Stinger and Feather Lite, I've found another guy Phil Long a Mathews Prostaffer that has designed two specifically for the Monster and the Reezen. I sent him an email and he's sending me some information.

Edited by Whistle Pig, 13 August 2009 - 08:17 AM.

Posted Image

#18 David Clayton Harrison

David Clayton Harrison

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:God, archery and hunting, and family

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:36 PM

7 inch doinker wild thang is what i would try on that reezen

#19 wishbone

wishbone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:31 PM

8.5" B-Stinger 11oz weight with a coolhandluke or B-Stinger quick disconnect.You won't regret it..
Mathews Bows/Easton Arrows
Shimano Reels/St.Croix Rods

#20 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 March 2010 - 10:07 PM

12" B-stinger for me. Shrunk my 60 yard groups almost in half. I also have the LimbSaver Elite Hunter and Modular stabilizers. The B-Stinger really shines at longer distances. At least it does for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users