5 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:44 PM

Jason got a ridiculously good deal on a Nikon scope so we put it on his Optima Elite .243 barrel. Took the Bushnell he had on it and put it on my Optima Pro as it's a much nicer scope than I had which was a Tasco Golden Antler. Then took the Tasco and put it on our Winchester 94 lever action .30-.30 which had a really old Bushnell on it. Next we bore sighted all three. Way too hot and muggy outside to shoot yet but thyink we've got everything pretty close. Man we can hardly wait till deer season. lol

Edited by Spirithawk, 04 August 2009 - 04:32 PM.

#2 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:49 PM

LOL I used to do that a lot, swap all scoeps around in off season so I had something to sight in when it got cool. All good fun. Posted Image
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:58 PM

LOL I used to do that a lot, swap all scoeps around in off season so I had something to sight in when it got cool. All good fun. Posted Image

I hear ya. Posted Image The good thing though is that each rifle ended up with a much nicer scope than it had before.

#4 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:27 PM

Nikons are great scopes. I have three of them on muzzleloaders. All of them are top quality.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 07:52 PM

Nikons are great scopes. I have three of them on muzzleloaders. All of them are top quality.

I agree, the one Jason got is pretty nice, it's a Pro Staff. I'm also pretty fond of my Bushnell Elite 3200 3 x 9 x 40 that I have on my T/C encore .270. Admittedly, the only reason I have it is that it was part of the prize package along with the Encore, but it has never once let me down in the 8 years I've had it. I know Bushnell bought the rights to it from Bausch & Lomb and it's an excellent scope. It's very sharp and clear in all conditions and it has held up very well to being bounced around on a quad runner and in my Jeep and Jason's truck. I know that when I settle the crosshairs on something it's a done deal!

#6 FtHillSnipe

FtHillSnipe

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:I have many, Firearms, reloading, Air Rifles, striving for accuracy too, Scopes, target & tactical shooting, being a Dedicated Marksman. Archery [a long time ago], Dry Fly fishing, backpacking and wilderness camping [a while in the past, went through Boy Scouts. Very Patriotic and Conservative, no military service due to a very bad auto accident in 1965, more than willing to take up Arms in defense of this Great Nation if the need arises]! Photography, sports cars, leaning toward a truck or suv for the comfort. And last but not least is the shared experiences on the forum!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:23 AM

I agree, the one Jason got is pretty nice, it's a Pro Staff. I'm also pretty fond of my Bushnell Elite 3200 3 x 9 x 40 that I have on my T/C encore .270. Admittedly, the only reason I have it is that it was part of the prize package along with the Encore, but it has never once let me down in the 8 years I've had it. I know Bushnell bought the rights to it from Bausch & Lomb and it's an excellent scope. It's very sharp and clear in all conditions and it has held up very well to being bounced around on a quad runner and in my Jeep and Jason's truck. I know that when I settle the crosshairs on something it's a done deal!

A buddy also has a Elite 3200 on one of his rifles, a 22-250 I think, and he really likes it too!
I'm a very firm believer in Gun Control!!
You and you alone are the only one that should be in control of your Guns!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users