• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:09 PM

I have been perplexed trying to find a target butt that will stop my crossbow arrows. This morning I bought a Morrell Yellow Jacket Crossbow Butt. It does the job and arrow removal is really a two finger deal. It is a bit on the heavy side but is manageable. Of course I went to shoot and could not find my shooting sticks. I then found my sticks and got all set up to shoot and forgot to take the caps off my reddot sight. Ok caps off and I am at last ready. I turn on the reddot and can barely see the dots even on high power. Battery is just about dead. Went off looking for my spare battery, couldn't find it anywhere so I pirated one from another red dot I have. Got the battery changed and finally just before dark I got a shot off. Oh well there is tomorrow to get some shooting in.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:45 PM

After WORK?Posted Image

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:25 PM

I've tried mounting a red-dot on my xbow but haven't been able to find one that will mount right. It always sits too high to be adhusted. I need to get out and shoot mine too. The weather here has cooled off some so as soon as I pass this dang kidney stone I intend to sling some arrows. Jason gave me his block target, not sure what kind it is, but it stops my arrows just fine and they pull out reasonably easy. I'll take a look at it tomorrow and post what brand it is. I think Jason payed $30 at Wally World for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users