2 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:12 PM

Jason and I headed out early this morning to attend a gun show in Springfield. It's the largest show around and we go every time they have it. We met one of his friends, that he works with, there. Mark sold one of his semi auto handguns and was very happy because the guy actually offered him $60 over what Mark had originally paid for it. We looked at a lot of very very nice vintage firearms. Sharps, Springfield trapdoors, octagon barreld old Winchester lever actions, old Colts both percussion and center fire single actions. Drooled over quite a few.Posted Image Jason took his Raging Bull .45 L Colt and was offered a trade on it. A fellow had a brand new T/C Pro Hunter .22-250 with stainless action and barrel. He had $830.00 on the price tag he wanted for it. Offered to trade for Jason's Taurus straight accross. We gave it some real serious thought but finally decided against it. For one, Jason just bought a CVA Optima Elite and two, his Taurus is a pretty rare model that we feel will increase in value much higher and faster than the Pro Hunter. To give you an idea how rare his Taurus is, every dealer there wanted to look at it. Every one of them was shocked to learn it was chambered for the .45 L Colt. They all said they had never seen one like it. We practically had to wipe their drool off of it after each one handled it. Quite a few were very slow in handing it back. Jason has only seen two like it in the several years that he's owned it. Had he not just bought the Optima Elite he might have traded, but I think he will be glad in the long run that he didn't. The Pro's are a dime a dozen and can be bought any time any where. He looked at a lot of AR 15's and said he might have traded for one of them though, but again, you can find them every where. All in all we sure had a lot of fun. We really enjoyed talking guns and can hardly wait till the next show to roll around.Posted Image

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:20 AM

In all my life I have not been to a gun show. Sounds like I have been missing out on something. We do have a rather small one a few miles away that they hold twice a year. Eric and I did go one Sunday afternoon but got there just as they were closing. Of course with me not wanting to get rid of a gun once I have purchased it, those folks would have to give me the deal of deals.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:03 PM

In all my life I have not been to a gun show. Sounds like I have been missing out on something. We do have a rather small one a few miles away that they hold twice a year. Eric and I did go one Sunday afternoon but got there just as they were closing. Of course with me not wanting to get rid of a gun once I have purchased it, those folks would have to give me the deal of deals.

You would have a blast Paul. Jason and I have gotten some really good deals at them but the real fun is walking around checking out the guns. Everything from antiques to state of the art new. I'll bet you are like me and would be drooling over the old ones. Like going to a museum but you can pick them up and look at them. Even buy one if you have deep pockets.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users