Photo

Need Your Help Guys

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: which one would you choose (9 member(s) have cast votes)

which Bow would you choose

1. Bowtech (4 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

2. PSE (1 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. other (explain) (4 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:26 PM

I am looking at a new bow the problem is that I am not sure what one my choices this far is between a PSE Stinger http://www.cabelas.c...05418746a.shtml and a Bowtech Sniper http://nationalarche...en-us/d388.html I am trying to get one at a local shop (for free setup and tuning and labor on it anytime I need to have it looked at or tuned vs buying one from catalog IE cabelas and paying for setup) problem being the PSE is on backorder the Bowtech I can walk in and have one set up for me whenever I want it (they have several in stock) the PSE is cheaper but if I cant get it or have to order it through a catalog then I will be paying setup and such on it. for the extra money is it worth getting the Bowtech over the PSE?

Edited by irinman2424, 16 August 2009 - 02:27 PM.

I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:31 PM

Todd I honestly cannot give a hands on info on either one of these bows and they look great. Personally I would tell you to shoot both several times before you make your mind up and I bet you'll know pretty darn quick once you do. Posted Image
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:32 PM

just for information I am leaning towards the Bowtech as it is more "user friendly" in setting up and tuning then the PSE is. it also has more of a parallel limb deisgn then the PSE does. they are both about the same in smoothness in drawing. the Bowtech has a smoother let off then the PSE (vibrations as it has more vibration dampning on it then the PSE does)

Posted Image

#4 ricfirefighter

ricfirefighter

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 10:41 PM

cabelas will set up any bow you buy from them. ive shot the stinger its not to bad closest bowtech dealer for me is 60 miles away so i dont mess with them. dont forget about the diamonds ive shot them and they seem smother then any pse to me.

#5 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:16 AM

problem is the nearest cabelas is 3-4 hour drive for me to go and get it set up

Posted Image

#6 ricfirefighter

ricfirefighter

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 09:16 AM

black ice

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 01:57 PM

Gander Mountain web site

There are three places here in Central Ohio that should be much closer than Cabelas and will meet their prices. One is Vances shooter supplies on Cleveleand avenue(northend Columbus), Fisherman warehouse on Williams avenue(south end of Columbus) and Gander Mountain (on the west side of Columbus). My personal experience in Cabelas in their archery shop folks has never impressed me as folks that know their stuff about bows and other archery stuff. I have been in three and the Wheeling WV store was the best one but that ain't saying much. Gander Mountain folks general don't either but the other two shops have folks that do know what they are talking about for the most part. Ask for Ken at Vances (614) 471-7353 and at Fisherman Warehouse ask for Matt 614) 491-8383. These two shops sell a bunch of different lines of bows and they sell Mathews as well. Or these guys in Springfield, Ohio. D & R Enterprises, 6990 North Hampton Rd, Springfield, Ohio 45502 Rick Rust, Phone: (937) 964-1288.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 17 August 2009 - 02:36 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#8 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:46 PM

thanks Mark my experience with Gander in Huber is pittifull at best they just do not have customer service when I am there they start talking to you then walk away to help someone else (see if they need help) so far the best place that I have dealt with is Old English in Englewood they have the sniper that I was looking at and took the time to set one up for me to shoot and did not walk away when I was talking to them

Posted Image

#9 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:03 PM

I shot a PSE for five years and killed a lot of critters with it, but was constantly chasing tune with it.

I suppose PSE and Bowtech are good bows, but I've shot Mathews now since January '05 and, as far as compound bows, I'm totally satisfied. My Switchback is reliable, quiet, no handshock, forgiving, deadly - everything you want in a consistent killing machine.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#10 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:34 PM

Hey, you could always buy both bows and just send me the one you like the least. Posted Image Posted Image

#11 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 07:43 PM

yea Norm like I really can afford that LOL its hard enough getting one let alone 2

Posted Image

#12 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:32 PM

irinman, I've shot many bows just "looking" I've thus far been really impressed with Matthews over all the rest.... I shot a Matthews Switchback XT that was naked.... no string whiskers, no limbsavers, no "added" shock absorbtion whatsoever.... it shot smoother than the Bowtech that was completely set up. I'm currently shooting a 3 yr old Bear bow that I bought at Walmart and I've smoked people at archery tourneys that were shooting Matthews, Bowtech, Hoyt, and PSE... so I guess it all comes down to what you're comfortable with.
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users