• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:11 AM

Last couple of weeks, Dan and I have played around with the new gun. A few things we learned. It really likes the Hornady ammo {325gr}. The factory sights need to go, I do think a peep system would work better for me. The gun is extremely accurate and very consistant, at least out to 100yds. Shot through 3 different chronographs, the Hornady ammo was traveling at 1990 fps. The opening in the lever for your hand/fingers seems small, it will "bite" a little with a firm grip while shooting off sand bags, but does not when shooting off-hand. I like the Safety by the hammer. Scheels and Sportsman Guide, charge 28 bucks a box for the Hornady ammo, Gander Mountain charges 40 bucks for the same stuff. Trying to figure out how to mount a sling on it, if it can be done. Target shooting may require me to purchase a recoil pad lol. All in all, we are very pleased with it.

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:02 PM

Last couple of weeks, Dan and I have played around with the new gun. A few things we learned. It really likes the Hornady ammo {325gr}. The factory sights need to go, I do think a peep system would work better for me. The gun is extremely accurate and very consistant, at least out to 100yds. Shot through 3 different chronographs, the Hornady ammo was traveling at 1990 fps. The opening in the lever for your hand/fingers seems small, it will "bite" a little with a firm grip while shooting off sand bags, but does not when shooting off-hand. I like the Safety by the hammer. Scheels and Sportsman Guide, charge 28 bucks a box for the Hornady ammo, Gander Mountain charges 40 bucks for the same stuff. Trying to figure out how to mount a sling on it, if it can be done. Target shooting may require me to purchase a recoil pad lol. All in all, we are very pleased with it.

Sounds like a bunch of fun. Posted Image Mudduck what's the manufacturer? And are going to bring it with you to Tenn.? Or do you have some other big game critter in mind for this rifle and round? Posted Image
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:54 AM

Sounds like a bunch of fun. Posted Image Mudduck what's the manufacturer? And are going to bring it with you to Tenn.? Or do you have some other big game critter in mind for this rifle and round? Posted Image

Mark, it is the Marlin 1895 CB {Cowboy} I am bringing it to Tennessee, those big hogs that wouldn't stand still long enough for a good bow shot have got a big surprise in store for em. Gonna git me some payback,lol. Also plan on using it for deer hunting, shouldn't wreck em anymore than a 12ga. does

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:38 AM

If I remember that rifle was show cased in Bear Hunting Magazine this past year and that cartridge size. They highly recommended it for bear hunting for it's stopping power.

It should be very interesting on those big boars in Tenn. ,can't hardly wait.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users