• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:17 PM

From most cities to Denver round trip on AirTran is only 279.00...

Go to YahooTravel to book or AirTran's website. It's no frills flyin but it's dirt cheap.

With gas now at 2.85 here and gosh knows how much it'll be by Septober, air is a definite savings.

Good luck.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:45 PM

Can I get my Silverado on board as carry-on or will I have to use check through baggage. With all the stuff we are bringing and all the meat we plan on bringing home we would have to charter an aircraft. I've been thinking about renting a small trailer. I know it will be costly but this way no worries about much of anything. I will be stopping in Kansas for a day or so and maybe even Colorado Springs. I have lots of vacation time built up namely each day since Sept 1998.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 04:59 AM

Yep Silver,
that's a good price ! Last fall Rodney & I got round trip out of Pittsburgh to Denver for $304 including insurance. Couldn't have driven that cheap considering the couple of extra days off work that we would've needed for the drive, meals, tolls, yardsales along the way, etc. Although one of the key factors in doing so was the Blessings recieved from Huck/Larry/Mel/Bruce in seeing that we had transportation & guides from the airport to camp & back. .....hmmm....wife just started a new job and won't have vacation time until next year....wonder what I should do with my extra week this year??????? :rofl: :rofl: .......If I tried what I'm thinking, someone better add a Smiley image sporting a blackeye :flush:

Edited by Phil, 10 June 2006 - 05:01 AM.

Posted Image

#4 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:40 PM

Can I get my Silverado on board as carry-on or will I have to use check through baggage. With all the stuff we are bringing and all the meat we plan on bringing home we would have to charter an aircraft. I've been thinking about renting a small trailer. I know it will be costly but this way no worries about much of anything. I will be stopping in Kansas for a day or so and maybe even Colorado Springs. I have lots of vacation time built up namely each day since Sept 1998.

Gee if you're comin to Springs maybe we can meet up.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#5 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:42 PM

Yep Silver,
that's a good price ! Last fall Rodney & I got round trip out of Pittsburgh to Denver for $304 including insurance. Couldn't have driven that cheap considering the couple of extra days off work that we would've needed for the drive, meals, tolls, yardsales along the way, etc. Although one of the key factors in doing so was the Blessings recieved from Huck/Larry/Mel/Bruce in seeing that we had transportation & guides from the airport to camp & back. .....hmmm....wife just started a new job and won't have vacation time until next year....wonder what I should do with my extra week this year??????? :rofl: :rofl: .......If I tried what I'm thinking, someone better add a Smiley image sporting a blackeye :flush:

I'll email Jeremiah to get him to creat a Smiley with a black eye for ya Phil.

Go for it.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users