• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:06 PM

Today my two sisters and I had to take my 90 yr old mother to a nursing home. What amazed me was when we told my mom that it was time to do this she actually got a relieved look. Her life had taken on a very lonely aspect as most all of her friends are gone and she is losing her mobility so chose to stay home most of the time. My personal feelings ran from relief knowing that she is getting the care she needs but I also had some guilt feelings I presume to be from my own inadaquacy to care for her. Please pray for our family till we get her all settled in and she begins to get into their routine.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 09:29 PM

You got it buddy. We had to make the same decision with my mother. She has congestive heart failure and even with a Pacemaker only has a a small fraction of heart function. The fact that she needed almost constant monitoring was the deciding factor. Don't beat yourself up over it Paul. Sometimes in life you just have to do what is best and your mom will be getting professional care that you yourself couldn't provide. If she has a sudden health problem they'll know just what to do. Plus she'll be around folks her own age and will make new friends. You know I'm always just a phone call away any time you feel the need to talk bud.

#3 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:06 PM

Prayers sent
Posted Image

#4 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:46 AM

Prayers sent here too.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:04 PM

Thank you for your prayers and your concern. This morning Eric, my bro-in-law, and I loaded moms lift chair and her TV. Eric and I took them to mom. She was in good spirits and infact when we got there my mom was sitting in her chair in the hall talking with her sister-in-law and smiling. She said everything is alright but said the bed was not real good. I am encouraged that she is going to settle down and take advantage of the many events and crafts offered. On a side note I noticed the same two men were sitting outside as yesterday. Both are confined to wheelchairs the one in a powered model as he is nearly blind and can only move his one arm. I walked over to them and said hey I brought my truck to load them both up and we were going hunting. You should have heard the hoops and hollers and the huge smiles on their faces. They both said lets go. The maintenance man that was there to help us said to me as I came back to the truck man you just made their day.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:33 AM

Glad the transition is going well Paul.Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users