19 replies to this topic

#16 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 08:55 AM

Awesome Mark. Great pic, great antelope and a great story. Way to go buddy!Posted Image

#17 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:43 PM

Congrats Rowdy.... Ahhh man you're great at describing how things went..... Glad you got such a nice trophy out of the hardships you endured to get there. Can't imagine anyone appreciating it more than having to go through what you did to take that beautiful critter. Once again congratulations.
Semper Fi

#18 Monk

Monk

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:26 PM

Beautiful Pronghorn!
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."
Theodore Roosevelt

#19 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:32 AM

Thank you all! Much more to the hunt or adventure than dropping the animal on the ground.

The added bonus to this is I finally got the meat shipped in by FedEx by the proccessor in New Mexico. They did a great job from the choice pieces of meat that we sampled. All in all it was around 30 plus pounds of meat from my buck. We, my wife and my one son have enjoyed the roasts, hamburger and tenderloins from this buck. It tastes like nothing I have ever eaten, excellent but a unique flavor. There isn't any sage growing in that part of the State so the meat doesn't have that overwhelming sage taste that some folks cautioned me on.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#20 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:23 PM

I too have eaten antelope and thought it was absolutely wonderful.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users