4 replies to this topic

#1 old fart

old fart

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:34 PM

i have a sp101 357magnum, i open carry right now and carry my spare ammo in a closed shell carrier on my belt. i carry 18 spare cartridges in the carrier, is this enough? i plan on getting my c.c.p. next year, and hopefully get a concealment holster, and speedloaders. i'm on a fixed income and can't afford much of anything right now, is how i carry my ammo ok? i would like to know how much others carry, and how you carry it to give me some ideas that might be better than i'm doing now. thanks for any help.

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 09:00 PM

My son, Jason, is a Certified Executive Bodyguard and he carries a Springfield XD .45 with a 14 round clip in the gun and two more 14 round clips in a custom clip holder on his belt. He also carries a 9mm double barrel derringer as his hide out and a full box of both .45's and 9mm's in the console of his truck.

#3 ricfirefighter

ricfirefighter

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:48 PM

when i did security i carried a glock .40 with 2 extra mags but when i wasnt working and carried and yes i do have a ccp i never worried about the extra clips figure if 16 rounds isnt enough i was in trouble and probable wouldnt have time to reload so it wouldnt matter

#4 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:53 AM

when i did security i carried a glock .40 with 2 extra mags but when i wasnt working and carried and yes i do have a ccp i never worried about the extra clips figure if 16 rounds isnt enough i was in trouble and probable wouldnt have time to reload so it wouldnt matter

I'm with Ric, I carry a Sig .45, 7 rounds in the gun, 7 more in an extra clip. If I get off that many rounds, People better start worrying if they got enough ambulances.

#5 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:08 PM

I have a ccw, and it depends what I'm doing as to what I carry. usually it is a S&W 40 cal M&P I have a conceal holster and in that holster there is a spare mag. 10 rounds in the weapon and 10 in the spare mag.

if I'm caring my 44 mag, its 6 in and a speed loader of 6. / 45 cal is 7 in and 7 in the spare mag.

pray every time I strap it on, I never have to use it. but know if I do, I will.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users