4 replies to this topic

#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:55 AM

Over the years on this forum so many members have elk hunted during early season bowhunting for elk that I was wondering if anybody this year was bowhunting them. I have not heard any talk on here so I thought I'd ask. Well ----- is Ya! Posted Image
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:05 AM

I haven't for some year Rowdy, but I have taken 2 with my Hoyt.

I am confident that Huck will be in the woods with his string, he is small and sneaky unlike me

BC

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#3 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:32 AM

I haven't been out yet, due to work & weather. its hot....give it another week and things will cool down :)

I wish colorado would make a change in their lotto system. I put in for draw units. what I came up with.... I drew GMU 50 for mule deer. ( also where I put in for archery elk tags ) if I failed on archery elk, I had a rancher who said he would get land owner archery tags for us ( but a fee ) he didn't draw the archery land owners tags.

so for archery season my deer tag is in unit 50. my bear tag is in unit 49 and If I archery elk hunt, I have to get an over the counter which will put me 30-90 mins away from home in units 37 or 45.

hunting 3 different units for 3 different animals is tough.... I wish there was a way we could lock our choices together. Not to mention that a couple of years ago this happened and when I was checked by DOW for tags...they wanted to know why I had different units...for deer & elk. ( HA ) ask the guy who drew the lotto ...cause it sure wasn't my choice.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#4 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 10:17 AM

Got several buddies up wandering and the elk are high right now in the Snowy Range mnts in Wyoming. One got a 5x5 opening day and my good buddy, who is very nervous of bears, has seen 3 in the last 2 days LOL so he is distracted

BC

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#5 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:09 AM

Not me, not this year. I am just now out of my arm brace after surgery and beginning rehab, so no sticks and strings this year. The elk are around though. I've gone out with a buddy just to get some "fix" in and we've been in to them. One of our trail rides yesterday spooked a nice bull out of a gulch where he was snoozing in the shade.

I am hoping to score with Bruce in October. I think I'll be healed up enough for a rifle hunt then.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users