• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:54 PM

Just learned today that there is an auction tomorrow at the retail outlet, RMC Sports. This is the best stocked muzzleloader shop I have ever been in. It used to be owned by a good friend of mine but he retired and sold the business over a year ago. Many times I have been there and was the only customer. An Auction is not proof positive of the new owner going out of business but it just may be that. Even I preferred to buy a big ticket item elsewhere as his prices were usually the highest.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:03 AM

I know how you feel bud. There use to be a shop in St. Louis that was awesome. It was called The Hawken Shop and they had bought the original rights to the Hawken Rifle. They had everything under the sun you could ever want for muzzleloading, from original stuff to custom made. Hated it when they closed their doors. They reopened though, just in another state. They were exspensive too, but worth the price if you could afford it. At the same time they had some really good buys too. Ever get a ball stuck in a barrel? They made a really niffty jag for your ramrod. You know how most ball pullers are made, with a sheet metal screw to screw into the ball to pull it. Well that exspands the ball making it tighter in the barrel and harder to pull. They made a jag with a screw on one end, unscrew it and turn it around, and there was a drill bit on the other side. Drill into the ball first and it wouldn't exspand near as much making it a lot easier to pull. The guys that worked there were awesome to just talk with. They knew muzzleloading inside and out. I really miss that place.

#3 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:00 PM

Paul,
We should plan a trip to Dixon's sometime. They have more stock than RMC had....and it's only 15 minutes from Cabelas in Hamburg !Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:12 PM

Yep we must plan a trip after I get back from Kansas. I have been to Cabelas but not the Hamburg emporium. I am well set for accourtaments for this hunting season so there is not a pressing need for me to go right away.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users