#1 swamphntr

swamphntr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Trapping, Photography

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:37 PM

Sent my long time buddies Craig and MJ on a tarpon trip with Mark Bennett. http://www.tarponsnook.com a couple weeks back. As usual they had a superb trip. Here is a few glory shots. I cant say enough about Capt Mark and his wife jenni, they are the finest in Florida.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 06:56 PM

NICE fish there I would love to experience that just once in my life. Great Job
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 07:12 AM

Those guys look very displeased with what they are doing - don't ya think so??? Posted Image Posted Image

Tell them congrats on some very impressive tarpon.
Thanks for sharing their trip with us.

Like Todd said I'd like to put my self in their shoes and my hand at tarpon fishing/fighting one of these days.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 swamphntr

swamphntr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Trapping, Photography

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:01 AM

Tarpon fishing was a dream my brother and I shared as kids. Reading Field and Stream stories of giant silver fish in the boat breaking legs tackle and all that other crazy stuff made it a must do for me. Unfortunately growing up in Arizona didnt make the dream real for a long long time. I lucked up and met a guy in Florida that had fished with Mark a few times and he coaxed me into coming down. I went with pretty low expectations. I figured this was a trip much like a big game hunt where being in the game was likely the best I could hope for. Ten minutes into my first day of tarpon fishing I was hooked up and horrified moments later when he jumped off. I figured seriously I had just blown my big chance to fulfill a lifelong dream. Boy was I wrong! That weekend we "flew" a dozen and a half poons and I brought several boatside as well as my buddies. Mark and Jenni made it look easy. I have fished with them several times since and have yet to have a lackluster day on the water with them. These two know how to hunt tarpon better than any I have seen. In fact in almost a decade of referring them to friends I have not heard one single account of a less than awesome trip. I am sure they have their days like any guide does but it must not happen often. When you guys decide its time to try on a poon for size remember a few things, bow to the king when he jumps, and be ready to feel power in a fish you didnt think was possible. It is the first and only fish that has ever forced me to quit and give up the rod out of sheer exhaustion. They are a super game fish and definitely worth trying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users