• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 16 September 2009 - 10:01 PM

Well I updated my Java the other day cause my pc said was new stuff to load and now I cant get into our chatoom here. Updates stink, why dont they just let stuff alone???
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:07 AM

I haven't installed the latest update myself, so I can't rule it out as the problem.

What I can say is that several times in the past I've had problems with an old version of Java causing conflict with the newest. (For whatever reason, the old/existing version is not uninstalled automatically before the new update is installed.) To check for this, click
Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs (or Uninstall Programs)
In that list, see if you have more than one entry for Java. (Right now on my computer, for example, I have
Java ™ 6 Update 7 and Java ™ 6 Update 15 both installed.)

Try uninstalling the oldest updates by clicking on each and then clicking Change/Remove.
(In my case, I would want to remove Java ™ 6 Update 7.)
Reboot your computer and try the chatroom again. If it still does not work then I would suggest uninstalling all instances of Java, rebooting the computer, then visiting Here to install a fresh copy. Reboot, then try the chat again.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users