Pa Hunters

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:10 PM

... of poking holes through your $200, Gore-Tex lined, hunting parka. :doh2:

Received this in an e-mail alert from the PGC today...

HUNTERS REMINDED THAT LICENSES STILL MUST BE DISPLAYED

The omission of a regulation that has been in place for decades in this year's digest has caused some hunters and trappers to wonder whether they still are required to display their licenses in the middle of the back as has been done for many, many years. Pennsylvania Game Commission Executive Director Carl G. Roe answered, "Yes, it still needs to be displayed."

Roe noted that the Game Commission is supporting House Bill 460, sponsored by Rep. Neil Goodman (D-Schuylkill), which proposes to remove the statutory requirement that licenses be displayed, and thereby allow hunters to place their hunting license in their wallet with other ID.

Roe said, when the agency was drafting the digest, it was believed that the HB 460 may be enacted before the start of the license year on July 1. So, to avoid potentially conflicting information, a decision was made to modify the wording about the requirement that licenses must be displayed.

"License buyers do need to remember that the digest is not the 'Game & Wildlife Code' or its attendant regulations, and should not be considered final on legal interpretation," Roe said. "In printing the digest, the agency simply summarizes the more important and frequently misunderstood hunting and trapping regulations."

Boy, I sure hope that next year we're done with this nonsense.
I already have my wallet license holders ready to go. :D

Additionally, online Harvest Reporting has been unveiled. Now when you visit the PA Outdoor Shop you will see a selection for "Harvest Reporting". You will need to verify your ID, as always, and then you may enter your report information. No more excuses, other than shear laziness, not to report your kills!

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 17 September 2009 - 07:39 PM

PA hunters have to pin their licenses to their back?????!!!! That's not smart.... if you go through the wrong piece of brush it's gone.... Then you're busted with 2 license problems (Not displayed, as well as not being able to provide proof of license) also.... are ya'll's licenses white??? I can see SEVERAL potential problems with displaying them in the center of your back..... I hope they repeal this less than advisable regulation soon for ya'll.....
Semper Fi

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:08 PM

Yes. And, yes, I've had my license fall out of the holder while hunting. Thankfully I was hunting with a buddy who spotted it was gone before we had gone too far. (We backtracked and found it within about 50 yards.) Also, yes, the last couple years I had purchased my license online and it was a slightly off-white grayish color. (When you bought them in the store they were usually some form of shiny metallic like silver, bronze, etc.) At least now they are bright yellow and only about the size of a credit card.

No matter how you slice it though, it never was a good idea. Especially when you consider that every time I was ever stopped by a WCO they actually took the license out of the holder so that they could check that I had all of the proper tags. I never witnessed a single WCO simply glance at the back of a hunter and say, "You're good". They would also ask for proper identification at times which meant you were going into your wallet anyway. Quite inefficient.

Hopefully, the bill will be passed before next season. I know I, for one, would be truly grateful. Personally, I'm already grateful that the PGC is even showing a willingness to move forward in these areas.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#4 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:32 PM

Jere. worst case scenario you could always move down here to AR, 4 deer tags, 2 spring turkey, 2 fall turkey, and nothing but online deer "registration" Plus if you naturalize and become a "Resident" your hunting and fishing together only runs you $35.00 a year, no special tags (other than duck ofcourse) and you can even hunt black bear on public land (I think the yearly quota is 30 for the state) and best of all in your case...... LICENSES CAN BE CARRIED IN YOUR WALLET AND NOT ON YOUR BACK ;) LOL
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users