Opening Day

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:06 PM

Wouldn't you know it that the only deer I "saw" on opening day was a set of glowing eyes reflecting back at me a solid 40 minutes before first light about 10 yards from my stand as I was walking in. It stood still for a good two seconds before the obligatory "bolt & snort"... and snort, and snort, and snort... ... ... :rolleyes:

The rest of the day was filled with palpitating moments provided by chipmunks in dry leaves and a lone fox squirrel. Oh, wait, I also saw a red-tail hawk and was dive-bombed by crazy yellow jackets off and on.

Ah, yes, it's good to be back out there. :D

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#2 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:35 PM

Jere... hmmm divebombing yellowjackets, noisy squirrels and the only deer seen was before daylight on the way TO the stand???? Hmmm I've heard that somewhere before......It seems SO familiar??? Oh yeah.. LOL I've lived it LOL But It's nice to be out there instead of working right? LOL Those squirrels will drive you nuts won't they? What's really bad is when you're not paying attention and one scurries down the tree right beside your head..... that will wake you up REAL quick. Glad you had fun otherwise though.
Semper Fi

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:00 AM

Hang in there Jerimiah. It's good to see you are back in the woods. Not telling you anything you don't already know but often it's all those little things you see, that a lot of people never ever see, that makes hunting so dear to our hearts. Posted Image

#4 Hungry Horse

Hungry Horse

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:10 AM

Jere; With the new slim and trim body, stalking and climbing into trees should be a breeze. Now you can tromp all over the ridges and valleys seeking Mr Big. Hope the Hunting Gods smile upon you and your shot is true. Then you will have the pleasure of drag your deer and you own new body out to the car, LOL. Having any better luck, now that the season is open 3 weeks ? HH in Pa

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 01:30 PM

Good luck Jeremiah! Posted Image Patience and perseverance I believe will rule the day.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#6 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:19 PM

Good luck, Jer. We want pics, not excuses. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users