13 replies to this topic

#1 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:04 PM

Tomorrow we depart for our annual bowhunting pilgrimage for moose in northern Ontario. We pulled a bull tag this year and hopes are high for success.

This moose hunt isn't all about getting a moose for me though. It`s more about spending time afield with friends and my son. We`ve been packing the past few days and will finish loading tomorrow. We have to wait for my son and one of his buddies to get off work tomorrow at 5:00 p.m. before we can hit the road. It`s a 10 to 12 hour drive and we need about 3 hours to set up camp when we get there.

I picked up a new digital camcorder today so I hope I get some good pics and video. The camera was one of those gifts to me from me. Man I love those gifts. I always seem to get just what I want! Go figure!

Geoff / TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#2 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 04:10 AM

Just sittin here waiting on pictures.Posted Image

#3 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:17 AM

Good Hunting Geoff ! After tasting McBruce's moose last fall in CO I'd sure love to give those buggers a try.Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 07:17 AM

Have a great adventure and vaca up there and we will be looking forward to all the pics and story.

Now that's going north in Ontario because I have driven 6 hours after going through customs at the UP of Michigan and we ran out of hard paved road. Not much up there after about 7 hours driving.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:42 PM

Good luck to you,Geoff. Where exactly are you going in Ontario? Kinda know that area fairly well.Hunted up in there all over the place. English River, Beardmore, Kapuskasing etc. Lotsa rubbernose to fill the freezer in there. Wish you the best. WE WANT PICTURES! Posted Image a big one.Posted Image

#6 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:16 PM

good luck, be safe, lots of pics and video....bring back a big one :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#7 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 06:35 PM

SUCCESS!!!

We tagged a 55" bull last Sunday. We just got out of bush tonight with the camp all packed and ready to head for home. We're just waiting for the butcher to finish cutting and wrapping the meat. We pick it up tomorrow then we're headed home tomorrow(Saturday). My son and his friend shot the bull after I called him in. In all, I called in 6 animals within a half hour. A cow and a calf and 4 bulls.

I haven't got any pictures loaded onto the computer yet, but will post some as soon as I get home and get settled.

I got'ta tell you, retirement seems to aggree with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geoff / TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#8 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 07:51 PM

Great news and congrats! That has to be very satisfying knowing how you worked and helped as a team for that bull.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#9 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 03 October 2009 - 12:47 AM

I wanna go moose hunting with Geoff :) way to go that is a nice bull
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#10 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:48 AM

Sweet !!!!!!!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Now when's the forum BBQ?
Posted Image

#11 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:31 AM

It was a good thing I brought my ARGO with me as we used it to pack out the two front quarters. Almost 500 lbs plus gear. We used two 4wheelers to pack out the two front quarters. Sure saved the old back.

Gon'na get smokies, pepperrettes and pepperoni made for sure. Mmmmmmmmmmm good!

Now comes the 10 to 12 hour drive home.

Geoff / TBow

#12 swamphntr

swamphntr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, Trapping, Photography

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:38 AM

It was a good thing I brought my ARGO with me as we used it to pack out the two front quarters. Almost 500 lbs plus gear. We used two 4wheelers to pack out the two front quarters. Sure saved the old back.

Gon'na get smokies, pepperrettes and pepperoni made for sure. Mmmmmmmmmmm good!

Now comes the 10 to 12 hour drive home.

Geoff / TBow

Congrats on the Moose! Looking forward to seeing the pics.

#13 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:05 PM

Posted Image

It rained most of the week we were moose hunting. We had to wear rain gear all day we were getting the bull out of the woods.

My son and his best friend shot the bull. Here, my friend and I pose for a damp photo.

I called this bull after only 10 or 15 minutes in the stand and 3 other bulls within an hour of shooting this one. Surprisingly, I used a toy plastic baseball bat with both ends cut out of it for my moose call. Of course it goes without saying that I had the baseball bat camoflauged with, whatelse....DUCT TAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And remember, if women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!!!!!!!!

Geoff / TBow

#14 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:31 PM

That's the stuff!

Real good eastern canadian moose!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users