18 replies to this topic

#16 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 06:14 PM

Yes but do you like it? Lol
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#17 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:23 AM

I've had my Switchback for about 5 years now - very satisfied. My son shoots a Dren - also a very satisfied hunter/shooter. The only Mathews bow I don't particularly care for is the Monster, but that's probably because I'm too much of a wimp to let it down without losing an arm.

Last time I did some Mathews "research" was last fall. I took my bow and arrows to the local shop and shot my bow through the chrono, then shot a couple set for me, same poundage (62lbs), using my arrows. I saw that the Reezen was nearly 40 feet faster on just efficiency alone. That was impressive...but not sure it's worth the cost of an upgrade.

I'm usually on a 5-year cycle...if I really like a bow I'll usually hunt with it for 5 years and upgrade. If that holds true, I'll be upgrading this year. I'll have to give this new bow a look.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#18 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:34 PM

Did someone mention the MONSTER! I owned the Monster, yes I said I owned the Monster 6.0. I shot it great but it was a challenge for me. The brace height at 6" was a lesson in itself to shoot well with it. My form had to be on with that 6" brace height. The other thing was at full draw I had to concentrate holding all the time hard against the wall. IF I didn't hold steady it would let down whether I wanted it to or not. And what I surprise when it did. And occasionally, I'd launcher arrows without wanting to release one because of this surprised let down and if the arrows were in the target man I felt and was lucky.

I sold it on eBay several months back. It was in perfect condition after several thousand shots thru it. Sold it right after I shot my whitetail. The shot on that whitetail was text book perfect so it wasn't the bow, it was the shooter that caused that decision. Man the punching power that it had was simply awesome. But I was not comfortable with it. I have the strength and the control at 70 pounds draw weight but I questioned the let off pounds on it. Plus the let off is questionable in my mind. I felt it was maybe more like 70% let off than the 80% it was suppose to be.

Now I own the newest Monster. The Monster 7.0 and to me it is a world of difference from the M6. The way draw force curve and the brace height feels better at 7" instead of the 6" of it's predecessor. The let off to me feels closer to 80% so I can be more comfortable while at full draw. Yes it has the knock Down punch of the 6.0 too. Another plus it's more quiet than the 6.0. I think it's about as quiet as my Drenalin or my Switchback. To me the Monster 7.0 does what a bow should do very well. I'm pleased and impressed with the changes.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 10 January 2010 - 08:25 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#19 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:09 PM

welcome to the site

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users