Photo

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:00 AM

Hey everyone, Wanted to do an introduction here. tabbk is our newest member. Kerry is from Ga. rifle hunts with a 243 ( has interest in getting into bow hunting ) is a friend of mine from FaceBook. Check out the profile, send her a hello....Vicky I told her she woldn't be the only Ga female here...that you rocked when it came to big deer. She'd love to hear for you when ya get a chance.

Kerry, welcome to the forum...some really great people here...just look out for Phil...his eyes are a bit shifty ( just kidding, he is a great guy...but don't let the shifty eyes fool ya...he is actually watching for elk )

glad ya found your way over and hope ya enjoy the forums.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 05:22 AM

Welcome Kerry....and don't mind what McBruce says...when the infamous pic of me was taken at Elkatraz 2 it was a really sunny day and I happened to be a few feet away from Bruce when he took his hat off!( The make-up team didn't have time to react quickly enough to powder the shiny part before the shutter clicked )Posted Image . But I still love the guy and will gladly munch on his Moose steaks anytime !

Edited by Phil, 04 October 2009 - 05:27 AM.

Posted Image

#3 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:34 AM

Kerry welcome.... If you have ANY questions about ANYTHING... Just ask chances are we've got a resident expert on it LOL If not we've got a few hounds that will track down the info and make sure you get what you need to know. We're a close knit bunch here, so don't be offended the first time someone starts poking fun at you. As you can see, we do it ALOT. Once again welcome.Posted Image
Semper Fi

#4 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:55 PM

Welcome! Some great folks do hang here on occassion. Posted Image Posted Image
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#5 ricfirefighter

ricfirefighter

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:11 PM

yep welcome aboard :boone:

#6 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 04 October 2009 - 09:23 PM

Welcome, Kerry. I usually do take a glance at new registrations as they come in and, I must say, when I saw we were adding another female outdoor enthusiast to the fold I was quite pleased. (I almost sent you a message, but I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, potentially offending or embarrassing you.) But, seeing as Bruce has already taken the potentially embarrassing part onto his own back... I guess I will say here what I was going to say before. :lol:

Really, this goes out to all of our female members:

At the risk of sounding sexist to the overly-sensitive, embarrassing you by singling you out a little, or just outright making too big of a deal out of something, I really feel we (the entire outdoors community, not just HR.com) need to do a much better job of making outdoors-lifestyles more accessible to women. We've come a long way over the past 3 or 4 years with more outdoor television embracing women, as well as several companies finally making products from firearms, bows, and camouflage clothing specifically for women. But, I think we can still do better. I know my sister used to hunt with me and dad when we were younger, but as she aged I think some of her girlfriends kind of talked her out of it. It's sad, actually, when I think about it. So, even though it may never have even been an issue for you at all, thanks for hanging in despite some of the issues you may have faced; likely even more so being a woman.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#7 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 05 October 2009 - 01:15 AM

Ok Kerry, just so ya know....I have actually hunted with, Phil, Terry, Rowdy ( aka Mark) and Jeremiah.

Phil , we've done a couple of elk hunts together, last fall he connected on a nice bull elk.
Terry came up for a hunt and found out about staying in a tent for a couple of days was like, they had a huge snow fall the year he was here.
Rowdy:...Mark and I have made a couple of trips north to Canada for fishing and archery black bear hunts. Someday we're gonna do it again :) right Mark.
and Jeremiah. He is the Grand Pooba around here, he owns the place and pays great 0 followed by as many 0's as you want behind the first one. He came out to Colorado on an elk hunt and darn near got us lost on the mountain.

Rick I haven't had the pleasure of hunting with yet...but it will happen one of these years.

so again, welcome to HR, I know you are busy...but hope to see ya around here. Some great folks.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#8 vcross

vcross

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:59 AM

Kerry - welcome to a fellow Georgian - what part of Georgia are you from - I am in the furtherst south west corner on Lake Seminole. This is a great site - although out numbered I have never felt that way - just one of the guys! Archery season has started - I let a 7 & 6 point walk - too young. Saw a doe this weekend but the little one still had some spots.

#9 tabbk

tabbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Hunting , Fishing, yard work,...the beach....mostly anything outside.

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:25 PM

Hey everyone, Wanted to do an introduction here. tabbk is our newest member. Kerry is from Ga. rifle hunts with a 243 ( has interest in getting into bow hunting ) is a friend of mine from FaceBook. Check out the profile, send her a hello....Vicky I told her she woldn't be the only Ga female here...that you rocked when it came to big deer. She'd love to hear for you when ya get a chance.

Kerry, welcome to the forum...some really great people here...just look out for Phil...his eyes are a bit shifty ( just kidding, he is a great guy...but don't let the shifty eyes fool ya...he is actually watching for elk )

glad ya found your way over and hope ya enjoy the forums.

#10 tabbk

tabbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Hunting , Fishing, yard work,...the beach....mostly anything outside.

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:29 PM

Hi everyone...it only took me a few days to find this....but I did it....hope Bruce was sitting down ! I would much rather be outide thatn this computer...so I am not good at the computer....but I am here FINALLY !

Thanks for the nice welcome from everyone ...Thanks Bruce for helping me to this web site...yal just hang in there with me !

KerryPosted Image

#11 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 06 October 2009 - 07:40 PM

Kerry good to see you posting now. LOL.... One thing I want to invite you to do is join the chat some night... we normally don't have a whole lot of folks come in, but you'll get to sit and talk with a few of the guys/gals from the board. We normally start getting in there around 9pm central time nightly.... though in GA it will probably be 10 or so It's archery season in Arkansas now and out of the first 6 days I've managed to make it into the woods 3.... mainly because of thunderstorms and not wanting to fight the rampant mosquito population. I am planning on going out tomorrow though seeing as it is my last day of vacation. Once again welcom to the board and I hope to see you posting up a storm before long.Posted Image
Semper Fi

#12 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 08:44 PM

do we have a fainting smiley?
Kerry you do fine on the computer...I just want to know where you found a keyboard that you can type with 2 thumbs like your crackberry? :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#13 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:35 AM

A little late here but Welcome, any friend of Bruces is welcome anywhere,

Gotta go have another hunt coming up and gotta get some scouting done for a young ladie,

welcome again

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#14 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 03:11 PM

Hi and Welcome Kerry. So glad you decided to join us. I am from PA as well as a number of our membership. I have personally met a bunch of our membership and can truly say that I have not met a questionable one yet. I have hunted with a number of them too even that Bruce guy. I have about 15 years experience hunting with a 243 and it will do the job for you. I am so glad we have another female hunter in our midst so welcome and if you have any hunting related questions fire away.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#15 tabbk

tabbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:22 PM

Kerry welcome.... If you have ANY questions about ANYTHING... Just ask chances are we've got a resident expert on it LOL If not we've got a few hounds that will track down the info and make sure you get what you need to know. We're a close knit bunch here, so don't be offended the first time someone starts poking fun at you. As you can see, we do it ALOT. Once again welcome.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users