Photo

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 tabbk

tabbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Hunting , Fishing, yard work,...the beach....mostly anything outside.

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:25 PM

Thank you so much...I am learning my way around this site...so forgive me on not fast responding...takes me a little bit to find some stuff....like to hit this reply button !
Don't worry...I love to poke fun too...I can take it...I promise !Posted Image

#17 tabbk

tabbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Hunting , Fishing, yard work,...the beach....mostly anything outside.

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:26 PM

Welcome! Some great folks do hang here on occassion. Posted Image Posted Image

#18 tabbk

tabbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:27 PM

Thank you so much...I have enjoyed this site !...Still trying to feel my way around ! Posted Image

#19 tabbk

tabbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:28 PM

yep welcome aboard Posted Image

#20 tabbk

tabbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:29 PM

thank you ! Posted Image

#21 tabbk

tabbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:33 PM

Welcome Kerry....and don't mind what McBruce says...when the infamous pic of me was taken at Elkatraz 2 it was a really sunny day and I happened to be a few feet away from Bruce when he took his hat off!( The make-up team didn't have time to react quickly enough to powder the shiny part before the shutter clicked )Posted Image . But I still love the guy and will gladly munch on his Moose steaks anytime !

#22 tabbk

tabbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:35 PM

Well ...I will still watch out for those shifty eyes any way !....Posted Image ... I so don't blame you...I would munch on his Moose stakes too !
Thanks for the welcome ! Posted Image

#23 tabbk

tabbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:40 PM

Welcome, Kerry. I usually do take a glance at new registrations as they come in and, I must say, when I saw we were adding another female outdoor enthusiast to the fold I was quite pleased. (I almost sent you a message, but I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, potentially offending or embarrassing you.) But, seeing as Bruce has already taken the potentially embarrassing part onto his own back... I guess I will say here what I was going to say before. Posted Image

Really, this goes out to all of our female members:

At the risk of sounding sexist to the overly-sensitive, embarrassing you by singling you out a little, or just outright making too big of a deal out of something, I really feel we (the entire outdoors community, not just HR.com) need to do a much better job of making outdoors-lifestyles more accessible to women. We've come a long way over the past 3 or 4 years with more outdoor television embracing women, as well as several companies finally making products from firearms, bows, and camouflage clothing specifically for women. But, I think we can still do better. I know my sister used to hunt with me and dad when we were younger, but as she aged I think some of her girlfriends kind of talked her out of it. It's sad, actually, when I think about it. So, even though it may never have even been an issue for you at all, thanks for hanging in despite some of the issues you may have faced; likely even more so being a woman.

#24 tabbk

tabbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:48 PM

I would like to thank you for the warm welcome... I am sure not sensative about hunting....I have been hunting and fishing as long as I can remember with my Gradfather & big Brother as long as I can remember...I have shown men how to bait a hook ...or clean a fish .
I am not a girly girl at all.I would rather go hunting than shopping ...okay ... I do find myself in a group of people talking more to the men than women ...because we have more in common..
My little kids that come get a hair cut think it is so cool that I hunt...have been ask to go hunting with anywhere from 5 yr old now to a 14 year old ...one little boy said Ms. Kerry daddy got me a new stand...it fits 2 ...would you like to go with me ? ...I love it ! They also bring there pictures from there cameras in too !
I have enjoyed this site alot...I just don't get enough time on it...just finding all these messages too...its great !Posted Image

#25 tabbk

tabbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:51 PM

Ok Kerry, just so ya know....I have actually hunted with, Phil, Terry, Rowdy ( aka Mark) and Jeremiah.

Phil , we've done a couple of elk hunts together, last fall he connected on a nice bull elk.
Terry came up for a hunt and found out about staying in a tent for a couple of days was like, they had a huge snow fall the year he was here.
Rowdy:...Mark and I have made a couple of trips north to Canada for fishing and archery black bear hunts. Someday we're gonna do it again Posted Image right Mark.
and Jeremiah. He is the Grand Pooba around here, he owns the place and pays great 0 followed by as many 0's as you want behind the first one. He came out to Colorado on an elk hunt and darn near got us lost on the mountain.

Rick I haven't had the pleasure of hunting with yet...but it will happen one of these years.

so again, welcome to HR, I know you are busy...but hope to see ya around here. Some great folks.

#26 tabbk

tabbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:58 PM

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for the great welcome on here....I just love this newbie....thing !
That is the part of being the female and hunting that is different for women than men...yall all get together & go on trips and camp ...do all the fun stuff...kinda not fair there...but yal can't help it that you get to do that... You just don't hear of women getting together & going on a hunting trip ! lol...
Sounds like you have some really great friends on here ! Posted Image

#27 tabbk

tabbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:02 PM

do we have a fainting smiley?
Kerry you do fine on the computer...I just want to know where you found a keyboard that you can type with 2 thumbs like your crackberry? Posted Image

#28 tabbk

tabbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:06 PM

Now that is a though Bruce.... a fainting smiley....think you can get the Grand poopa...is that what you called him...um...to add that !
If I could get all this on the crackberry...I wouldn't have such a hard time ! lol ... Posted Image

#29 tabbk

tabbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:09 PM

A little late here but Welcome, any friend of Bruces is welcome anywhere,

Gotta go have another hunt coming up and gotta get some scouting done for a young ladie,

welcome again

R L

#30 tabbk

tabbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 10:11 PM

Any welcome isn't late...expecially when I am late finding the message ! ....any friend of Bruce's is a friend of mine too.thanks and good luck hunting !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users