3 replies to this topic

#1 Ironranger

Ironranger

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:07 PM

We headed for North Dakota for the first trip of the fall pheasant season. First day we had some snow and there were a ton of crops still in the fields. We must've walked about 12 miles that day but managed to take our share of roosters. I was using a Browning A500 that belonged to my dad. It was coming up really nice and I'd switched to Improved choke after mostly using modified chokes in the past. I'm usually not the greatest shot in the world but that gun was on fire this week. We had a great time as usual and saw all kinds of game. The third day was cut short due to freezing rain and we had a 7 hour drive back home so we headed out early. i'm hoping to get back out around Thanksgiving if the snow isn't an issue. Wiley turned 8 yrs old during the trip and he is just at the right age where he's got enough energy to go all day but is slowing down in his pace which is fine with us as we seem to be slowing down too!!! here are a few pix from trip...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:58 AM

Looks like a great trip!

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:21 AM

By the looks of it the Browning is still a great gun and the smile on the pup says it was a great day too, congrats on knocking down the birds.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:38 AM

Oh yea now I have to wipe the drool off my chin. Just Kidding. Congrats on a very good outing. Most imes it is not the shotgun but the fit of the gun to the shooter that makes a real shooter gun.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users