• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 11:41 AM

After many years of guessing the torque of various bolts and screws on rifles and scopes I saw one of those Fat Wrenches at my local gun shop. I asked the owner/gunsmith if they were worth the money. His reply was to reach over to his bench and pick one up. He said they sure are worth the money. He tested the Fat Wrench with an accurate guage and the several he tested were right on. He claims he won't be without one so I bought one.

Question this measures in inch pounds. Is there some sort of chart to relate the inch pound to foot pounds.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:14 PM

After many years of guessing the torque of various bolts and screws on rifles and scopes I saw one of those Fat Wrenches at my local gun shop. I asked the owner/gunsmith if they were worth the money. His reply was to reach over to his bench and pick one up. He said they sure are worth the money. He tested the Fat Wrench with an accurate guage and the several he tested were right on. He claims he won't be without one so I bought one.

Question this measures in inch pounds. Is there some sort of chart to relate the inch pound to foot pounds.

http://www.onlinecon....com/torque.htm I think this might help.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:26 PM

Thanks Rowdy I answered my own question by goning online. 12 inch pounds equal one foot pound.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users