32 replies to this topic

#1 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:01 PM

Who would you guys like to hunt with on this forum? Not meaning some overpriced, self-proclaimed celebrity but a down to earth fellow hunter from HR and what species would you hunt?

No order of importance just as you see it

Name a couple if you want, perhaps this can shock the forum into some trade hunts or friendship hunts evolving from it.

Huck, Tony, Leo, Sean, Frank and I started this way. Who knows what could happen......

Tony, Frank and I will have shared camp 3 times this year.

Sean and I will be hunting whitetails together in the next month.

Leo we need to get Don over here I would like to share a hunt with him as well, even if he is from Wisconsin. Our friend is a disabled hunter who fires his rifle with a blow trigger, most impressed. We all could learn something from Don

BC

Edited by bonecollector34, 20 October 2009 - 02:02 PM.

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:48 PM

The only overpriced, self-proclaimed celebrity hunter I know is me. :lol:

I'd like to hunt with just about anyone on here. Even the few I've already hunted with because I can get around better now than I did then... At least where physical conditioning and fitness is concerned. (Must keep my pain killers and walking staff with me though. :doh2: )

Not just because it's your thread here, but I'd have to say you are near the top of my list, Marty. You've been around a long time and you've taken some critters I'd love to just spend some time talking about. The middle PA guys would be up there. (Hanging out in camp is one thing, but actually chasing critters is another.) Norm and Jason Laws. Both Marks. (The one mainly because he clearly needs guidance on who to vote for in various elections. :P ) I dunno... I don't want to say too much more because I don't want anyone to feel left out. Just suffice it to say if I had some cool property here I'd probably invite everyone over at least once. :)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:59 PM

I agree that would be great to get Don over there. Don is not on this forum but he's a good guy that Marty and I have both known for years. Here is a write up on him on the Outdoor Channel site.

Adaptability to disability

I've had the blessing of hunting with several folks on this forum. It really has been a blessing.
Posted Image

#4 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:35 PM

I'd like to hunt with just about anyone on here.

x2

Marty, I heard you shot a toad goat. Where's the story? Did I miss it?
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#5 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 20 October 2009 - 04:38 PM

Don't think there's anyone on this site I wouldn't want to hunt with or hunt with again. Thus far it's a really close tie between Will and Paul for my faves. LOL Both of them will keep you on your toes, and share some great stories and advice with you.
Semper Fi

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:05 PM

Well now lets see I have already hunted with Woodhick, JGabel, Phil, Whistlepig and Eric cause we all belong to the same camp.
I have also hunted with Silvertip, Elkhunter40, Charles, Terry, Bruce, Huck, and even Spirithawk and JLaws. Wow that is a bunch of very fine sportsmen. I hope I haven't let anyone out but I would hunt with any of these again should the opportunity arise.
I would love to hunt with the new Jeremiah he may be someone I could keep up with.
Would love to hunt with Larry and Melody, Bonecollector, PaTurbo, Ssneider, and especially Cayugad, RunnGun and all the rest of you yahoos. I am not particular the kind of hunt as I love to hunt with just about any kind of firearm but can only hunt with a crossbow so the states are limited that I can partcicipate with that.
Oh by the way I really love spring gobbler season, fall small game, Big game with a muzzleloader and just may be interested in boar hunting too.

Edited by PA RIDGE RUNNER, 20 October 2009 - 05:07 PM.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#7 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 05:13 PM

x2

Marty, I heard you shot a toad goat. Where's the story? Did I miss it?

He is alright (82-7/8 SCI), I think I am a better guide then hunter Will. Tony got a amazing 84-5/8"(16-1/2" tall!) and Hally shot a whopper 83-1/8" (14-1/2" tall but 7" at bases) the mass on her's was unbelievable. Frank, my dear friend, learned a valuable lesson but I have plans for him next year to get another opportunity as his nemesis. He scored and scored easily but it just wasn't the one we had picked out for him.

BC

Prostaff.jpg

#8 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:32 PM

I have hunted with a few gentlemen from this site, it's always a blessing to share camp with dedicated sportsmen who share the same passion we all do. The friendship and the cameraderie, this is truly a big chunk of the puzzle..... I look forward to possibly meeting more of you as time passes and the possibilties of sharing camp once again with the ones I've come to know. I've been blessed thus far....I hope everyone has a safe and memorable season this year!
Cayugad and RidgeRunner, I really enjoy sharing the muzzleloader threads with you guys!Posted Image

#9 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:10 PM

Dear friend Marty,

You will always be one of the best hunters in my book! Just look what you have accomplished in a short period of time! As far as being a guide, yep, you tower over most men! It has always been a pleasure...

Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#10 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:18 AM

Dear friend Marty,

You will always be one of the best hunters in my book! Just look what you have accomplished in a short period of time! As far as being a guide, yep, you tower over most men! It has always been a pleasure...

Thank you sir

I appreciate your kind words. I am going to start venturing out of the States. I am still green, no doubt, but am motivated to learn.

October 12 (my best friends birthday who is passed away now) was my 12 year anniversary of being a hunter. My first day with a rifle(10-12-1997) and tag I shot a 312" Bull elk on public land with no camo and tennis shoes on. It all started from there.

I almost gave up hunting a year or so back, the divorce and I messing up Frank and Tony's hunt by not getting them the info so they could draw their tags in Wyoming. I was disgusted with myself. I reclused myself and pretty much didn't talk to anyone and was absent on HR for along time.

I am in a better place, darn good friends and Hally pulled my butt out of the darkness, I healed my shoulder and got back in the weight room and Hally and I have been together ever since. She is a darn fine hunter and means a lot to me. I am happy now and have alot of making up to do with friends on my actions which I take full responsibility for

BC

Edited by bonecollector34, 21 October 2009 - 09:25 AM.

Prostaff.jpg

#11 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:40 AM

bonecollector34 since you asked the question I'm still thinking and I'll probably edit this post more than once. Somewhat like Jeremiah replied to it, it would be my humble pleasure to hunt with you and the many others I haven't yet shared the huntin camp with. It has been my sincere pleasure with everyone from here that I have hunted with and look forward to more hunting this January 2010 with the friends I have hunted with down at the Wildnerness Outfitters lodge. Bill, Mike, Jeff, Dan and Joe have talked about going back to WOL in 2010. Our invitation is there to all of you and contact any of us about what the plans are for this year. We have been meeting up there about every two years now since 2004.

I know somewhere in the future McBruce and I and hopefully Pat will meet up into a bear camp in Canada again. Black bear hunting can get very addictive and if you haven't tried it you should. I'm itching to try it again.

Despite my age I still feel very new at hunting. Now fishing I've got it down along with several other outdoor and underwater sports. Several types of hunting I still feel very green at attempting but I'm having fun learning something most everyday about it. And I have picked up a bunch from everyone here.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 12 November 2009 - 09:59 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#12 MyShootinStinks

MyShootinStinks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Hunting with sidelocks, Civil war, camping

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:05 PM

I'm new here, but from what Ive seen this is really a great site and I wouldn't mind huntin with anyone here. I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone here. my shootin doesn't really stink. :lol:

Edited by MyShootinStinks, 21 October 2009 - 04:11 PM.

#13 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:13 PM

Well, I have to say that Paul is someome I really love to hunt with. We get along great together, have a lot in common, and love swapping stories. Our wives get along great together too. Paul and Judy are just good people. Posted Image There's just too many people on here, that I'd love to hunt with, to even begin to list them all. Plus I wouldn't want to mistakingly leave anyone out. There fore......IF YOU ARE READING THIS THEN CHANCES ARE I'D LOVE TO GO HUNTING WITH YA! So when we leaving and where we goin' ? Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 21 October 2009 - 04:15 PM.

#14 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:30 PM

All of you to be honest. I have had the pleasure of meeting a few and would love to be able to travel and hunt with anyone of you. I think one of the most enjoyable ones would be Ol furry foot himself. If I had the funds I would not hesitate to travel anywhere with any of you all. Marty I am glad you are up and well again.

steve

#15 Coalman

Coalman

Always Here

• Authors
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Snowshoe hare hunting, ice fishing, turkey hunting, striped bass fishing, deer hunting, trapping.

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:16 AM

Spring turkey hunt with...........

PA RIDGE RUNNER and SPIRITHAWK
Your eye in the northeast sky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users