3 replies to this topic

#1 Ken

Ken

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:15 AM

Noticed a few posts about not being able to get into the chat area so I'm posting some info.

The chat software provided in this forum is Java based and therefore you wil need either the JRE/Java VM or Microsoft Virtual Machine to access chat.

JRE is short for Java Runtime Engine and can be download from java.sun.com. The newer versions of the JRE will want you to download updates when they become available for downloading so if you choose too you can stay updated to the latest version. Also make sure you don't download the Java SDK -- Software Development Kit, unles you want to learn the Jave language. You will still get the JRE in the SDK but you will also get a lot of other stuff too.

For the MS VM you will have to jump through several hoops to get the latest version. Why? Cause Sun Sytems sued Microsoft and forced them to stop supporting Java directly. But in the end the VM is still downloadable and you can go to the below listed link for other links to download the VM and instructions on how to install it.

http://java-virtual-machine.net/download.html

Hope this helps.

Ken

Edited by Ken, 15 June 2006 - 10:16 AM.

Ken

Always Place The Mission First
Never Accept Defeat
Never Leave a Fallen Comrade

#2 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:24 PM

I was one of the people who posted about that and I dont think it's that becaue I could get into it fine and then all of a sudden I couldnt get into it.Maybe it would help to get it again??

Run
-Eric

#3 FrankSr

FrankSr

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:32 PM

I got Java but can't get past the loading screen.

#4 QueenNorth

QueenNorth

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 12:12 AM

Frank, Have you updated Java recently? Also delete all your cookies, temp files and history. Dave was having the same problem and that helped him out plus he gave the computer a slap and I am not kidding he really did and all things came together for him. Also do you have any programs to get rid of "junk" on your computer like spyware and such? Running these program regularly keeps your computer running smooth and faster. The free ones I use are AdAware and Spybot. They do a good job. What one doesn't find the other one does. If you need a link to these programs pm or email me. Hope all works out for you!

Edited by QueenNorth, 20 February 2007 - 12:14 AM.

Posted Image
Queen of the Great White North and Woody
Rolling Castle Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users