6 replies to this topic

#1 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 08:31 AM

OK as promised the rest of the story on the ventures of my taxidermist. As I mentioned prior I had aquired him a piece of property that borders our national forest here in bellevue. Fontenel Forest. It was GOD's hand that I was able to get this place for him as I stated in a prior post. Well he hunted his new spot for a couple of hunts and he recieved a call from the head ranger telling him to meet him at the property. The ranger told him that because of a complaint that he had to move his stand off of forest property. The complaint came from an elderly couple that I had already recieved their signature to hunt within the 200 yrd. radius of their property. Unfortunatly though their grandson whom has had runins with the law for poaching in the forest had told grndma to recind her signature. Well the ranger was very nice and sugessted a differant spot within the forest. So we moved his stand and after several sits Angelo (my taxidermist) was getting very frustraded for not seeing the deer he had seen in his other stand placement. I told him to just be patient and something would happen. Sure enough last Saturday he called me and told me he just stuck a 14 pointer. I was in my stand several miles away and told him I would be there in about 20 min. I hope to get the pics from him off his camera so I can share them with you guys. GOD's hand worked through me to show Angelo HIS love for him. I have been sharing with him for 15 years now and this is just another testimony of the goodness of HIS love for us. It wasn't luck but GOD's hand in placeing this deer for him. He got to his stand 1/2 hr. before sunup and saw the siloet of this large body on a hill behind his stand. He decided to grunt and sure enough the deer was in his range within 10 min. He put on quit a show grunting and snort-wheezing and making a few scrapes and a rub before he finally took him at 20 yrds. The deer only went about 40 foot before he dropped.

Steve

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:32 PM

Very Cool Steve !Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 J Gabel

J Gabel

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:55 PM

Awesome!
Can't wait to see the pics.

#4 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:28 PM

Awesome... just awesome.
Semper Fi

#5 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:15 PM

Can't wait to see. :)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#6 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:38 PM

What a story, thanks for taking the time to be a friend and sharing the story with us.Posted Image

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 07:11 PM

That is what happens when you follow Him. Thank you Lord for Steve and his willingness to share you with others.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users