• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Plenty Coups Archery

Plenty Coups Archery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 08:15 PM

Does anyone collect knives or have know anything about collectables? I have a Knife that is a Lakota Hawk but the stamping says Cheyenne on one side and Hawk on the other. From what I can find a handful were produced at start up and Schrade got an order to stop production because they had a model called the Cheyenne. Only a handful were made with this stamp before production stopped and renamed Lakota. Are these collectable? I have had it for YEARS and if it is valuable I will put it away for one of my sons. It is a very high quality steel and really holds an edge.

#2 Hammerforged

Hammerforged

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Fishing, SCUBA, Smithing, Sporting Clays, FITASC

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:20 AM

Lakota is still in business. I cannot find an image for the particular knife you mention, Lakota makes a fixed blade Hawk and a folder. Which do you have and could you post a pic? I know several purveyors sho might could answer your question if I had a pic to show them.

#3 Plenty Coups Archery

Plenty Coups Archery

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:19 PM

It is the same as the Lakota Hawk. The stamping is Cheyenne Hawk made before they were forced to rename the company to Lakota. It is the original design by Mr. Hoffman

Edited by Plenty Coups Arrows, 09 November 2009 - 09:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users