Finding Ammo Again

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 18 November 2009 - 07:56 PM

Less then a year ago, finding a box of 40/45/9mm/44 mag was almost impossible. When you did find it you paid through the eyeballs.

tonight while walking through Wal Mart's sporting goods section, I was amazed to see Winchester 9mm for 12.45 a box and Federal 40 cal for 13.00 a box. with a couple of cases of each on the shelf. didn't see any 45 or 44 mag...but it is a start...ammo is starting to resurface again ...whew...I'm still stocking up.

All I want for Christmas is 40 & 45 cal :) ammo.

or a new mathews bow ;)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:44 PM

The shelves are still bare at our local Wal Marts. Everytime I go to one there's folks just standing there staring at the bare shelves as if they wished hard enough the ammo would apear. lol It started with handgun ammo and now rifle ammo is getting scarce. About all they have are .22 and shotgun ammo. I did get a box of .270 Federal ammo for $13.00 though. A lady that works there told me that they are ordering a lot of ammo but it's just not coming in in any great amounts. Jason and I aren't stockpiling it but we do try to have a couple boxes for each of our handguns, rifles and shotguns always on hand. We have plenty of .45's and 9mm's but Jason needs some .32 hollow points for his Kel Tec and is having trouble finding them.

Edited by Spirithawk, 18 November 2009 - 08:48 PM.

#3 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:40 PM

I usually buy five boxes of something,no matter if its from the 22,.17 and my other ammo,that I shoot....................I hate running low on anything...Posted Image
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 01:32 PM

I'm with you Foss having two boxes of any ammo is not getting low it is low. If I get the call to hunt I Rack ees I cdrtainly dont want to be caught with only a little ammo. How much do I have----enough!!
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users