35 replies to this topic

#1 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 08:48 PM

Hopefully he will post it in the next day or so.

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 09:14 PM

Hopefully he will post it in the next day or so.

OK I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures!!!
Posted Image

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 19 November 2009 - 12:52 AM

Jeremiah literally just walked in the door. My checked bag and bow were lost in the connection at DFW, apparently. (Very tight connection. The plane was about to pull away when I got to the gate.) Anywho... (Notice how I've completely glossed over it because, frankly, if losing most all of my hunting gear and 1/4 of my wardrobe forever is the price I pay for the time I spent in West Texas the past few days I'll gladly pay that toll!) I promised myself I would post no pictures until I do the official write-up.

I will only say this... When I left, Andrew had scored a buck, his wife, Brandi, had scored a doe (her first deer) and I had also scroed a buck. (Who even knew I was hunting, right? :shrug: ) But, folks, even that pales in comparison to what we all experienced. I knew what to expect of the McCrea's before even flying down just from having spoken with Kenny and messaged with Micky prior. But, I just don't think anyone else quite understood the caliber of people I was describing. Well, they know exactly what the McCrea's and McCrea Outdoors are all about now. I hope I am not being too bold in speaking for others, but I believe that Dave, Andrew, Brandi, and I are coming away from the experience all the better for having simply been there.

Speaking solely for myself, I am sitting here trying to figure out what I've ever done to "deserve" meeting such fine, upstanding individuals and... I got nothin'. Simply nothin'. But, I think that's the whole point. God doesn't reward us based upon what we deserve. He extends grace despite what we, alone, deserve. There is no doubt in my mind or heart that God formed the entire adventure with His own mighty hand. I am so much richer; truly blessed beyond measure and it has nothing to do with a deer or a whole herd of deer. (Which they surely have down there!) The McCrea's and their group are people I want to have as neighbors. I want to be able to walk across the way and say "hi". I want to sit in a pew near them every Sunday morning and I want - if ever I am so blessed - for my children to grow into young adults as exceedingly wonderful as theirs. Kenny, Micky... God has already blessed you, so I don't need to say that. May He simply continue to bless you and pour out even more abundantly upon you and yours. As you are faithful servants, so is God faithful in every promise He has made to you. Codie, Jarrod, Bud... It was a pleasure, gentlemen. I believe you can see something about the character of a man (or woman) in the close company that they keep and you three are no exception. Thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, for the experience of a lifetime in far more ways than one.

Andrew & Brandi are off touring the country, or something ( :P ) after this it sounded like. So, I don't know when we'll hear from them. Certainly, you two, if you wish to post up some pics that is fine by me. But, I do hope to have this write-up done, perhaps, if I GET TO BED, tomorrow or Friday. (Would like to hear from Dave first. ;) )

And... To all a good night.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#4 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:48 AM

There are folks who God allows us to cross paths with in our life, that simply are there as a blessing.
Looking forward to hearing the stories and seeing the photos.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 08:52 AM

I'm very much interested in reading it too. I've read some outstanding stories on Mathews web site about Micky and Kenny and then watching the TV programs filmed from their place were very positive.

I thought Jeremiah was MIA and was wondering if the "hunt" was going down. Glad it was a positive, memorable occasion for all.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 23 November 2009 - 10:01 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#6 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 09:29 AM

Jeremiah,

Thank you for the kind words. And, thank you for acknowledging God's hand in our lives. He is the one that deserves all credit and praise. As you stated "There is no doubt in my mind or heart that God formed the entire adventure with His own mighty hand." I was blessed just in the short ride to the airport with you. You have no idea how wonderful it was to hear you talk of your hunt, and see the happiness and joy in your eyes as I drove. Thank you for giving God the glory. I thank Him for bringing all of you into my life. The Lord showers us with blessings on a daily basis. All we have to do is acknowledge and receive them.

May God continue to bless you my friend.

Micky

#7 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:11 AM

Okay... The official results of the Round-Up have been published.
http://www.huntingre...results-09.html
Check it out!
(But, look for it to possibly be added to when Andrew and Brandi are back home and send me some more updates, pics, etc.)

So, now I feel comfortable with telling my part of the story. You can catch it in my blog.
http://forums.huntin...ors-experience/

I can't wait to read what Andrew and Brandi write.

sig_admin.png

#8 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 01:44 AM

You know, I almost forgot to add one thing...

After saying 'bye to Micky (thanks, brother) and going through the checkpoint at San Angelo airport, I met a fellow by the name of Brian (forget his last name). Brian was on his way to Illinois, I do believe, to hunt white-tail there with some of his family from up that way. Needless to say we talked hunting right up 'til the plane boarded. It turns out he is in the Air Force and had been stationed overseas just like Andrew not too long ago. That left the door open to tell him of what he had just done at the McCrea's. Brian actually thanked me for putting together web sites such as HR because he would check in on such sites every time he could just to live vicariously through the hunters sharing their experiences online.

Folks, it's never really hit me quite so hard as at that moment that what we do here really does help people in more ways than just having a hang-out to talk hunting. I encourage everyone to just take a minute to think about who may be reading what you write here. Some of America's Finest are surely surfing as I type and thankful for the opportunity to read about your adventures. That's mighty humbling to me.

I gave Brian my card and an HR promo. I pray he will stop in when he returns home and gets settled in. He's killed a boatload of critters it sounds like, has good taste in outdoor television, and would be a true asset to the forum, in general.

Just more of God showing favor on this trip. He has truly poured out blessing upon blessing that has not stopped yet.

sig_admin.png

#9 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 21 November 2009 - 06:18 AM

Great write up Jer.
Man I have had enough of the higher then highs then lower then low tracks back to the higher then highs whne you find em. Its a tough roller coaster ride. I don't think I could have slept that night waiting to go back out tracking. Ya did good :)

by the way...add some pork to your diet...your gonna wilt away ;) looking good man.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#10 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:26 PM

Loved reading every moment of your adventure Jeremiah!Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:02 PM

Jere ahhh man that's a NICE buck... and that's putting it mildly.... are you SURE that's a MANAGEMENT buck????? Where I'm from that is one heck of a trophy
Semper Fi

#12 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:12 PM

That's what I was sayin', Terry. You would just have to see the class of bucks they have there to understand. I know I still say he's a trophy. (Just like the "management" buck I saw Keith Beam take there on Primos' show a few weeks back.) But, you can see where he just never got around to sprouting anything more than G3s despite having plenty of room on his main beams for more. The highly discriminating are going to consider that inferior. Just a couple more tines and he may well have been on another hunter's hit list. Me... I'd take a buck that fine year in and year out and die a happy hunter when my time comes!:hunter:

sig_admin.png

#13 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 22 November 2009 - 05:49 PM

Jere I hear ya. This year the only bucks I've seen are spikes and they're illegal here..... to me a management buck would be one of the 3x1's or 4x1's that i've seen a few people take.... THAT is a MONSTER... congrats I know you were excited to take that one.... I had to see what a management buck hunt would cost.... hmmmm I'm gonna try and save up for that.... might go ahead and save up for the trophy hunt and go full out.... because it's incredible the kind of deer I saw on the website.... WOW...

Edited by TerryfromAR, 22 November 2009 - 05:53 PM.

Semper Fi

#14 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:17 PM

Great write-up, Jeremiah.

You know, I almost forgot to add one thing...

After saying 'bye to Micky (thanks, brother) and going through the checkpoint at San Angelo airport, I met a fellow by the name of Brian (forget his last name). Brian was on his way to Illinois, I do believe, to hunt white-tail there with some of his family from up that way. Needless to say we talked hunting right up 'til the plane boarded. It turns out he is in the Air Force and had been stationed overseas just like Andrew not too long ago. That left the door open to tell him of what he had just done at the McCrea's. Brian actually thanked me for putting together web sites such as HR because he would check in on such sites every time he could just to live vicariously through the hunters sharing their experiences online.

Folks, it's never really hit me quite so hard as at that moment that what we do here really does help people in more ways than just having a hang-out to talk hunting. I encourage everyone to just take a minute to think about who may be reading what you write here. Some of America's Finest are surely surfing as I type and thankful for the opportunity to read about your adventures. That's mighty humbling to me.

I gave Brian my card and an HR promo. I pray he will stop in when he returns home and gets settled in. He's killed a boatload of critters it sounds like, has good taste in outdoor television, and would be a true asset to the forum, in general.

Just more of God showing favor on this trip. He has truly poured out blessing upon blessing that has not stopped yet.

Now that is awesome! :clap:

#15 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:56 PM

Yep Jere God sure blessed your socks off. I have heard about the Mcreas but you are the first person I know that has had interaction with them. Good to see God so active in Texas and your blessing. Thank you Lord for taking such good care of our brother Jeremiah.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users