35 replies to this topic

#31 steelrain202

steelrain202

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:31 PM

Welcome Amy. Most of us can relate to your excitement. It is like a drug high without the drugs. A word of advice do NOT go turkey hunting. It is more addictive than deer hunting as the adrenelin high can go on for minutes or hours for that matter. I cannot wait to get out there and go after those birds. You see I am addicted so do not go turkey hunting or if you do you do it at your own peril. Peril may not be the right word but you get my gist. So glad you had a great time on the hunt. One more time, do not go turkey hunting or you will get hooked on that too. Lol

Brother I love turkey hunting, its a freaking blast!
Only the dead know the end of war.- Plato

#32 steelrain202

steelrain202

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:33 PM

You guys took some great bucks, that is true. But, there are some real monsters lurking out in that brush. Oh, with all of the rain we have had lately, I am pretty confident that the antlers are going to be much better this year. If we get some moisture in March, oh man. The mature bucks could average 10-15 inches bigger!

Thats just insane to even think about that
Only the dead know the end of war.- Plato

#33 Micky

Micky

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 10:48 PM

Thats just insane to even think about that

It is amazing how getting good rainfall at the right time of year will increase antler growth.

#34 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 27 February 2010 - 02:53 AM

Congratulations on the great hunt and story. Excellent pictures! I can imagine how your wife was purely pumped to get her first deer too. Posted Image I don't see any marshmellows on a stick around the fire! That big 8 will be there for you to go back and get next time. Posted Image

#35 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 11:33 AM

You guys took some great bucks, that is true. But, there are some real monsters lurking out in that brush. Oh, with all of the rain we have had lately, I am pretty confident that the antlers are going to be much better this year. If we get some moisture in March, oh man. The mature bucks could average 10-15 inches bigger!

Jeremiah and Andrew those two bucks are on my wall any day you get tired of looking at them. Posted Image Awesome is all I 've got to add. Congrats.
Micky that's incredible and what a tease. Posted Image I've watched several other shows filmed there and several pics on another forum from McCreas and all where outstanding.

One of these seasons I'm coming down there to hunt with y'all. Anyone else want to join me?Posted Image

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 27 February 2010 - 11:36 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#36 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:31 PM

You know, I almost forgot to add one thing...

After saying 'bye to Micky (thanks, brother) and going through the checkpoint at San Angelo airport, I met a fellow by the name of Brian (forget his last name). Brian was on his way to Illinois, I do believe, to hunt white-tail there with some of his family from up that way. Needless to say we talked hunting right up 'til the plane boarded. It turns out he is in the Air Force and had been stationed overseas just like Andrew not too long ago. That left the door open to tell him of what he had just done at the McCrea's. Brian actually thanked me for putting together web sites such as HR because he would check in on such sites every time he could just to live vicariously through the hunters sharing their experiences online.

Folks, it's never really hit me quite so hard as at that moment that what we do here really does help people in more ways than just having a hang-out to talk hunting. I encourage everyone to just take a minute to think about who may be reading what you write here. Some of America's Finest are surely surfing as I type and thankful for the opportunity to read about your adventures. That's mighty humbling to me.

I gave Brian my card and an HR promo. I pray he will stop in when he returns home and gets settled in. He's killed a boatload of critters it sounds like, has good taste in outdoor television, and would be a true asset to the forum, in general.

Just more of God showing favor on this trip. He has truly poured out blessing upon blessing that has not stopped yet.

Jerimiah, I've been saying it for a long time now. We're all more than just friends here...we're family, and we owe you a lot. I truly enjoyed reading your blog too, again congrats. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users