3 replies to this topic

#1 old fart

old fart

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 05:00 PM

i have a small problem deciding so i hope yall can help me out, i have a chance to buy a new gun but only one and would like to know which yall think is best for the uses i'll need it for? i have a choice of a 4inch gp100, or a 3inch sp101, it will be open carried around my home area,(i live in a rural area and open carrying is not a problem) out walking, and hiking in the woods. it will serve also as a home defense gun. now i know some will say get one and later get the other, but unless things get better with money this will be my only handgun for at least a year. so i need the best choice for what i'm using it for, i've checked both out and love both but can only get one. they are the same price and new, so for what i'm using it for which gun will be my best choice? thanks for any help.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:10 PM

OF I do not have either of those Rugers but do have two S&W revolvers. One is a detective special with a very short barrel and one is a Kframe 38 with a longer barrel. Both are 38 spcl. Of course there are several differences, one is weight and another is barrel length. I generally keep the short barreled one for home defense and the longer barreled one to go on my walk abouts. I find the shorter barreled one to be a bit harder to shoot accurately.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:Church, Family, Friends. One and the same.

Posted 29 November 2009 - 06:41 AM

Most guns performance are measured in a way to make the numbers look as different as possible, ex. FPS vs. MPH.
Accuracy depends on practice, reliability isn't an issue with a revolver, so just pick the one that fits your hand best and can be carried most easily in the situations you'll encounter.
Don't pray for a light load. Pray for a strong back.

#4 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 29 November 2009 - 10:24 PM

I agree with JR..the one that fits your hand best will be the one you'll shoot best. both are nice guns
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users