6 replies to this topic

#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:00 PM

Edited by Jeremiah, 03 December 2009 - 02:28 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:13 PM

That is an interesting concept.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:22 AM

For some reason, and I'm sure there is beyond my capabilities, I could not get the media insert option to work on this youtube but the link works.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:32 PM

...I could not get the media insert option to work...

Operator error? :P

Interesting concept. I wonder what the poundage is.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:41 PM

Operator error? Posted Image

Interesting concept. I wonder what the poundage is.

THANKS MASKED MAN. Posted Image Absolutely correcto mundo! That seems to trip me up every time.

SWISS CROSS BOW this link is to the manufacturer and has all the specs on this crossbow.

#6 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 03 December 2009 - 06:01 PM

Wow. No offense to the originator, but I can't wait until a "big name" company rips off this idea. ( :doh2: LOL!)

Obviously, the short power stroke is in relation to the cocking mechanism. But, it needs to be reworked, if not re-engineered, to gain a longer power stroke. I've found best performance/flight out of bolts that are at least 20" in length. (16" is entirely too short!) Ditch the hardwood for some lighter composite. Shave some weight and bulk off of the thing, in general. Yeah... Then we would be in business. I think even I'd be interested in buying. :yes:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#7 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:26 PM

Very interesting idea and principle.... but the hunting regs in Arkansas require no less than 125lbs of draw weight this bow doesn't give specifics of the draw weight. The crossbow companies in America make some very nice products. I have a Horton Stag recurve crossbow that I got when I was 17,(I'm 29 now) I've had to replace the caps on the end of the limbs and the string itself, but that's it other than the bolts. It's 150lbs of draw weight, and it will still fling a bolt straight through a piece of 1/2' plywood at 30 yds.... and I mean ALL THE WAY THROUGH.....(found that out while using a foam block target with a piece of 1/2" plywood behind it as a back stop.)
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users