#1 swampdogg

swampdogg

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:hunting,fishing and being with my 2 boys

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:44 AM

Got a problem. Am letting a friend borrow my blackpowder. Went to put the a scope on and line the crosshairs up they looked all fuzzy. Grab the second scope same thing. Neither of these scopes are super high dollar, but they're not cheap. One's a bushnell the other is a leupold. The bushnell was on a rifle long enough to shot one box of shells and the leupold has never been mounted. The only thing that I think might have something to do with the problem is they are both over 10 yrs old, but they have been in the gun cabinet wrapped in cloth the hole time. Anybody got an idea if they are screwed beyond repair or could they just use a little adjustment. Sorry I haven't been here in a while I'm going back to school, the kid is in band,tae kwon do, what ever sport happens to be going on at the time and I think I'm failing 5th grade, the boy definetly knows more that I do. Talk at ya later. Sk
Eat more possum!

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:31 AM

Have you tried to clear up the crosshairs with the focus ring at the rear of the scope. You may have to loosen a threaded ring to do this. If this works for you be sure to snug the ring up when it clears up the cross hairs. Since both scopes seem to have changed you may want to have your eyesight checked to see if your vision has changed to the point that it makes those scopes crosshairs look fuzzy.

Edited by PA RIDGE RUNNER, 03 December 2009 - 07:36 AM.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 swampdogg

swampdogg

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:hunting,fishing and being with my 2 boys

Posted 04 December 2009 - 02:16 AM

Thanks PA for pointing out that I'm getting older. You were dead-on it was a little bit of both I had contacts in years ago when I set them up didn't think about that. I keep this up I'll be hunting with a cane and seeing eye dog. Wonder if you can train a dog to shoot a bow and gun. Of course he'll have to have his own stand. Thanks SK

Eat more possum!

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:09 PM

Since I am most likely the oldest guy on this site I will be right behind you with crutches or cane or walker. Lol

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:49 PM

Since I am most likely the oldest guy on this site I will be right behind you with crutches or cane or walker. Lol

Okay now, wait a cotten pickin minute here! I'm younger than you and I already use a cane! Posted Image It's funny though. I don't need it in the woods, usualy, just in town and such. I think it's the hard surfaces that gets to my legs. Their way of telling me I was born to run in the woods. Wellll, walk slowly in the woods anyhow! Posted Image Posted Image

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:37 PM

Dealing with age and hunting is ok cause it slows me up but you aren't hunting if you run in the woods. As Eric says there isn't any running in hunting. Now lets get out there with our fuzzy scopes and wobbly legs and the need to go potty more often and shoot a big un.

#7 FtHillSnipe

FtHillSnipe

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:I have many, Firearms, reloading, Air Rifles, striving for accuracy too, Scopes, target & tactical shooting, being a Dedicated Marksman. Archery [a long time ago], Dry Fly fishing, backpacking and wilderness camping [a while in the past, went through Boy Scouts. Very Patriotic and Conservative, no military service due to a very bad auto accident in 1965, more than willing to take up Arms in defense of this Great Nation if the need arises]! Photography, sports cars, leaning toward a truck or suv for the comfort. And last but not least is the shared experiences on the forum!

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:58 AM

Well PA Ridge Runner & Spirthawk,
I'm not sure of your ages but I'm sure getting older too, the years sure seemed to pass by in a hurry, didn't they?

And yet the adventures just keep getting better !
I'm a very firm believer in Gun Control!!
You and you alone are the only one that should be in control of your Guns!!

#8 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:20 PM

FtHill I am a very young 69. I had cataract surgery on both eyes last year so now my eyes are new but the body is not. I can still get out there and really enjoy the hunting that I can still do.

#9 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:03 PM

Paul, I just realized you and my Dad are the same age.... I can't beleive it but he's a constable at 69 years old..... He gets around pretty good considering he has been a mechanic most of his life, has a bad disk in his back, one leg being ever so slightly shorter than the other, and breaking his hip about 2 years ago...... He hasn't hunted in years, but he does still fish a little.
Semper Fi

#10 FtHillSnipe

FtHillSnipe

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:I have many, Firearms, reloading, Air Rifles, striving for accuracy too, Scopes, target & tactical shooting, being a Dedicated Marksman. Archery [a long time ago], Dry Fly fishing, backpacking and wilderness camping [a while in the past, went through Boy Scouts. Very Patriotic and Conservative, no military service due to a very bad auto accident in 1965, more than willing to take up Arms in defense of this Great Nation if the need arises]! Photography, sports cars, leaning toward a truck or suv for the comfort. And last but not least is the shared experiences on the forum!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:51 AM

FtHill I am a very young 69. I had cataract surgery on both eyes last year so now my eyes are new but the body is not. I can still get out there and really enjoy the hunting that I can still do.

Well Paul, you've got me beat by a bit then, glad the cataract surgery helped.

I've been taking four different health food supplement that sure seem to help me as well as my large stroke victim mother who was developing dementia and they brought her out of that.

I pass this info on as it may be beneficial others, I'm not a Dr., the info came from the Health Science Institute. These are all available at most health food stores or the least expensive place I found on the web was: All Star Health.com Again, I'm not connected with them in any way.

They are:
1st. Nattokinase; an enzyme that cleans the veins and arteries for better circulation, it's claimed to even be able to dissolve clots. Be cautious though as it is a bit of a blood thinner so if your taking any other blood thinners check with your doctor first;

2nd. Hupperzine A; to improve the memory functions;

3rd. Alpha Lipoic Acid; this really helps boost anti-oxidents in a persons system;

4th. DHA; A concentrated Omega 3 fish oil.

#11 FtHillSnipe

FtHillSnipe

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:55 AM

Paul, I just realized you and my Dad are the same age.... I can't beleive it but he's a constable at 69 years old..... He gets around pretty good considering he has been a mechanic most of his life, has a bad disk in his back, one leg being ever so slightly shorter than the other, and breaking his hip about 2 years ago...... He hasn't hunted in years, but he does still fish a little.

Say Terry,

Thanks for your Service to our Great Nation!

#12 FtHillSnipe

FtHillSnipe

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:06 AM

Thanks PA for pointing out that I'm getting older. You were dead-on it was a little bit of both I had contacts in years ago when I set them up didn't think about that. I keep this up I'll be hunting with a cane and seeing eye dog. Wonder if you can train a dog to shoot a bow and gun. Of course he'll have to have his own stand. Thanks SK

Say Swampdogg,

I appologize, I wasn't trying to Hi-Jack your thread. The info I left for Paul might be of help to you too?

As far as your scope situation, things can be overlooked easily at times. Glad PA was able to help you out.

#13 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:54 AM

FtHillSnipe, I wish we could get more people on here that are as enthusiastic about posting as you LOL I hope you're enjoying it here. If you know anyone else that might like this board be sure and recommend it to them.
Semper Fi

#14 FtHillSnipe

FtHillSnipe

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

FtHillSnipe, I wish we could get more people on here that are as enthusiastic about posting as you LOL I hope you're enjoying it here. If you know anyone else that might like this board be sure and recommend it to them.

Hello Terry,

Thanks for the compliment, it's appreciated!
I've already told a few about the forum and will continue to do so.
As I see it, in these very dysfunctional [ hurtful ] times we all need to join together for the common good of our Nation that is in grave danger. You being a Marine can readly understand and know what I'm talking about I'm sure !
Hooyah

Now on a different note, what do I need to do to keep my Avatar picture from comming up first along with the other images I've posted and intend to. It makes it seem, at least to me, like I have no other shots posted. Do I need to change the location of the other images from where they are now?

Also how can I get rid of the two incorrectly posted images?

Thanks for your help.

Thumbs Up to You.

Edited by FtHillSnipe, 02 July 2011 - 12:25 PM.

#15 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:42 PM

FtHill, if you go to the top part of the page you will see the tabs marked "Forums" "Members" "Calendar" "Blogs" "Gallery" and "Chat" If you select "Gallery" it will take you to a page that has 4 selections, Hunting gallery, outdoor gallery, fishing gallery and member gallery once you choose member gallery you simply select your gallery from those in the member gallery and go into it, once in it will give you controls to add, delete, and edit your pictures. I went ahead and got rid of the damaged pictures for you. At the bottom of the page you can actually set it up to show the pictures in ascending or descending order based on date, Views, caption, member, comments, or rating. If you post an image from an outside link without uploading it directly to your gallery it will not show up under your photos. I really hope this is the information you were looking for. If not feel free to PM me and I'll try to get more detailed information for you.
Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users