• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 punkin pie

punkin pie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 09:27 PM

i have a sp101 357 magnum i've had about 6 months, its still unfired in the case and i'm wanting to get into muzzleloading. i took it to my local shop and they had a new cva accura and a new knight vision, the owner said he would trade the accura and $50.00 cash or $75.00 trade for my sp, he said he would trade the vision and $75.00 cash or $100 trade for my sp. how good of a deal is this?, i don't know about muzzleloaders very much. the cva is blue and made in spain, the knight is blue and made in USA, the owner says he has a new stainless accura in storage if i want it, the trade would be the ss accura and $25.00 in trade. is this a good trade?,and are these good guns? should i look for other brands? thank you for any help you can give

#2 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:38 PM

i have a sp101 357 magnum i've had about 6 months, its still unfired in the case and i'm wanting to get into muzzleloading. i took it to my local shop and they had a new cva accura and a new knight vision, the owner said he would trade the accura and $50.00 cash or $75.00 trade for my sp, he said he would trade the vision and $75.00 cash or $100 trade for my sp. how good of a deal is this?, i don't know about muzzleloaders very much. the cva is blue and made in spain, the knight is blue and made in USA, the owner says he has a new stainless accura in storage if i want it, the trade would be the ss accura and $25.00 in trade. is this a good trade?,and are these good guns? should i look for other brands? thank you for any help you can give

Well you know what you paid for your .357 magnum. So if you look on the web and see the cost of the some of the rifles they are offering in the trade, it will give you an idea of if your getting fair value for the handgun. Handguns seldom go down in value but muzzleloaders sure do.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:05 PM

If that SP101 is the Ruger sp101 the NIB listed last year is from 425 to 515 depending if it is hammer or hammerless. If it were my pending trade I would not do it. Neither the CVA or the knight sell for that much.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users