• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 04 December 2009 - 05:00 PM

Dan and I take the Utah carry permit class tomorrow {12-5}. Allows us to carry in more states than just the Minnesota permit. Just classroom stuff, no shooting test

#2 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:41 AM

Dan and I ended up taking both the Minnesota and Utah test on Saturday, Utah test was just classroom, But the Minnesota test also includes a shooting test. 30 rounds in 6 shot groups at distances from 21 to 40 feet. You could shoot the test with any hangun, we intended to use a Ruger Mark 1 .22 that belong to my Dad, however, the new Winchester 333 ammo we bought for it did not want to cycle properly {will need to investigate that problem}. I had brought my Sig .45 as a backup, glad I did. I have had that pistol since 1997, always looked good carrying it, but made no secret of the fact that I did not shoot it very well. Well, this past summer, Dan reloaded a bunch of .45 brass and made it his project to get me to shoot it better. At least 2 weekends a month since May, we would take all of our pistols and head to the range, shootin and drinkin Mountain Dew. I started to come around, learned a few things, and had fun. Anyway, 150 possible points on the Minnesota test, I got a 149. A person needed to score 80% or 120 to pass.Posted Image

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 06:24 PM

Good shooting all shots center mass. That is one dead target.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users